FILIPINO SINIGANG WITH PORK RIBS - YUMMY

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cumishaamado, May 10, 2021.

1. cumishaamado
    Chat with Me

cumishaamado Love Virgins, Couples & Girlfriend Experience

About Me FILIPINO SINIGANG WITH PORK RIBS - YUMMY
    Discussion in 'Sagebrush and Red Light Cabaret Forum (Carson)' started by cumishaamado, 17 minutes ago.

Tags:
    Edit
    Watch Thread
    1. [​IMG]
      cumishaamado
      THE ULTIMATE PSE AND I LOVE TEACHING VIRGINS[/paste:font]

• Filipino Sinigang with Pork Ribs ( 4 servings)
        Ingredients
        • 1 ½ lb pork spare ribs, chopped into small pieces (see note)
        • 1 generous pinch of salt
        • 45g seedless tamarind pulp or 4-5 Tbsp tamarind juice
        • ½ large red or yellow onion, roughly chopped
        • 2 roma tomatoes, large dice
        • 2 Tbsp fish sauce
        • 3 heads baby bok choy, water spinach or other greens you like in soup
        • 1 cup long beans or green beans, cut into 1"-2" pieces
        • 2 cups taro root, large cubes
        • Thai chilies, crushed just until broken

Note: You can buy chopped up spare ribs at Asian butchers. If you cannot find it, you can simply use a rack of ribs, separated into individual bones; it's just gonna be a bit harder to sear and to eat. You can also substitute other kinds of meat; however, if using boneless meat, you MUST use a good stock instead of water, otherwise your soup will be really weak in flavour and body.

Instructions
        1. Salt the pork ribs. In a large heavy bottomed pot, add a little oil just to coat. Once oil is hot, add the ribs and sear until browned on both sides; do not crowd the pot, you will probably need to do this in a couple of batches.
        2. Once the pork is all seared, add them all back to the pot and add just enough water to cover the pork by about 1 cm. Simmer for about 15-20 minutes or until scum and foam has collected on top. Skim off the scum with a fine mesh strainer, then add onion and tomatoes, and simmer for another 45 minutes or until the pork is fork tender.
        3. Meanwhile, if using tamarind pulp, use this time to make tamarind juice. Place the pulp in a medium bowl, cover with off-the-boil water and let sit until cool enough to handle. Squish the tamarind with your hands until all pulp has been released into the water. Strain off all the fibers.
        4. Once the pork is fork tender, add taro cubes and chilies, and simmer for 7 minutes. Add the beans and cook for 2 more minutes, then add bok choy or any leafy greens you're using. Check that the taro is tender by piercing a fork through it and it should go through easily. Season the soup with most of the tamarind juice and then taste, adding more fish sauce and tamarind as needed (note: I used up all of my tamarind juice in the video). You shouldn't need any added sugar for this, but if the soup feels too sour, you can add a little sugar to balance.
        5. Serve with jasmine rice!

[​IMG]
      Last edited: 3 minutes ago

Last edited: May 10, 2021
  2. cumishaamado
    Chat with Me

[smilie=hot over you.gif][smilie=hot over you.gif][smilie=hot over you.gif]Here's a video that I found on You Tube on "How to make Pork Sinigang":[smilie=hot over you.gif][smilie=hot over you.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif]

[smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif]

3. cumishaamado
    Chat with Me

[​IMG]Sinigang, a Filipino Classic Comfort Food
    by Ethnic Groups Philippines

[​IMG]

MANILA, Philippines Growing up as a child in the second largest and southernmost major island in the Philippines, I was never accustomed to eating sinigang. In Mindanao, I ate adobo, humba, or kinilaw, most of the time diligently prepared by my mother. On special occasions, such as birthdays or weddings, lechon is always a hit amongst many guests, along with pancit or beef caldereta. When I moved to Manila, my everyday menu changed, and I was introduced to a whole new array of scrumptious dishes.

It was during a family dinner in a local Filipino restaurant that I got to taste sinigang for the first time, specifically sinigang na baboy or pork sinigang, which was served with rice. We were all in awe at its unique sour taste. Sinigang is a Filipino soup dish characterized by its sour flavor induced by boiled tamarind fruit, which is common in tropical regions such as the Philippines. It consists of meat simmered until soft, as well as vegetables like kangkong (water spinach), gabi (taro), pechay (chinese cabbage), labanos (radish), talong (eggplant), and okra.

Back in the day, sinigang was prepared laboriously. Tamarind fruits, which produced the sourness of the broth, were boiled with water for a long time until the shell is removed. The same boiling process is done to the meat to soften it. Other alternative extracts used aside from tamarinds are calamansi, kamias, guava, or raw mango. Today, sinigang is much easier to prepare since tamarind powder flavoring or tamarind bouillon cubes are easily available in the market. To add some spice, siling mahaba or green long peppers are usually added.

Different types of sinigang dishes are popular throughout the country, depending on the region. The pork can be substituted by chicken, fish, shrimp, or beef, though the sour soup base remains the same. Moreover, because of its popularity, restaurants have managed to modify and add some twists to the regular sinigang by adding peculiar ingredients. Some of the unique innovations of sinigang dishes include sinigang sa ube, strawberry sinigang, sinigang nacorned beef, and sinigang na baboy with guava and pineapple.

Sour food has always been dominant in Philippine cuisine. Filipinos are very fond of that irresistible tangy taste. In fact, a slice of green mango with bagoong alamang (fermented shrimp) is a daily afternoon snack for many of the locals. Sinigang is considered a Filipino classic comfort food, as it keeps one warm on cold rainy days and is an effective remedy for sore throat. A steaming bowl of sinigang helps warm the body and whet the appetite.

Undoubtedly, this beloved dish has come a long way and evolved through time. Even though different ingredients have been used or added to it, sinigang remains an all-time favorite of Filipinos. It is a permanent fixture in the lists of must-try food for foreign travelers, with some who have affirmed sinigang soup as the perfect cure for hangovers after a night of heavy drinking for its sour taste. Since moving to Manila, I have come to love sinigang, which has become part of our family’s weekly menu.