Bookworm

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SkyeMonroe, Feb 27, 2023.

1. SkyeMonroe
    Chat with Me

SkyeMonroe Curvy companion

[​IMG] What book is everyone reading right now? The book I’m reading right now was actually a gift from a client which makes it extra special for me. Just a small glimpse into my interests.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 2, 2023
    Baba1234, Chris D and Clark DM like this.
  2. Lunch Buffett
    Chat with Me

Lunch Buffett Well-Known Member

There's a 9 book series that I want to buy. They adapted the story into a TV show called "The Expanse". The first book in the series is Leviathan Wakes.

SkyeMonroe likes this.
  3. SkyeMonroe
    Chat with Me

Sounds interesting. What’s it about?

4. I'm reading Wicked, which is a retelling of the Wizard of Oz. Can't say that I'd recommend it, though. Highly recommend American Gods (or anything else) by Neil Gaiman. Gives you glimpses of what happens on the other side of the mirror.

Addison and SkyeMonroe like this.
  5. SkyeMonroe
    Chat with Me

Wow I like how to described that :)

Chris D likes this.
  6. TiredFrog
    Chat with Me

TiredFrog Well-Known Member

I'm reading "High Profile" by Robert Parker. I originally stumbled across a set of movies Tom Selleck did based on some of Parker's books and loved the movies so started reading the books.

origlegman and SkyeMonroe like this.
  7. SkyeMonroe
    Chat with Me

I’ve never heard of that author. What’s the book about?

8. TiredFrog
    Chat with Me

TiredFrog Well-Known Member

I had never heard of him either until I saw the movies. Its about a cop who gets fired for being drunk in L.A. who then gets hired as a chief in a tiny town in Mass., lots of small town funny stuff along with series parts. Actually watching the movies first worked best for me because Tom Selleck was so perfectly cast in the role, now reading the books I picture him in the role and its even better.

SkyeMonroe likes this.
  9. DevonDelancey
    Chat with Me

DevonDelancey New Kitty ❤️ Professional Companion

I'm reading Collected Stories by Shirley Hazzard. Love bringing my Kindle with me on tour <3

SkyeMonroe and Chris D like this.
  10. I'm doing the Great Gatsby again. It's my 3rd time, but I just love it.

Chris D and SkyeMonroe like this.
  11. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

Old Nick Well-Known Member

I enjoy occult and true crime, and one book I have that contains both is Lords Of Chaos. It’s mostly about the Norwegian black metal scene, focusing a lot on the band Mayhem and Varg Vikerness. It also talks about the German band Absurd who lured a classmate to his death, and used his gravestone as an album cover as a final “fuck you” to him. To my knowledge, they’re still in prison.

I keep coming back to that book.

I also have the Death of WCW, which talks about World Championship Wrestling, it’s power players behind the scenes (like Ted Turner, Eric Bischoff, and Hulk Hogan), their rise to prominence with the nWo, and their eventual fall and sale to their rival, Vince McMahon’s WWF/WWE. I have seen some WCW back in the day, and I even watched the simulcast of Raw and Nitro when Shane McMahon announced that he was the owner of WCW and kicked off the ill fated Invasion storyline which only saw the midcarders coming in, with Hogan, Scott Hall, Kevin Nash, Ric Flair, Goldberg, and Scott Steiner sitting out their contracts with Time Warner till after the Invasion was done. I made my own angle on Smackdown Vs Raw 2010’s story designer, and I was told in community creations that my Return of WCW was booked better than the invasion on TV years back. Let me know if you want to read about that.

SkyeMonroe and DevonDelancey like this.
  12. Hi, Ms. Skye! I am reading Emotional Intelligence 2.0, written by Dr. Travis Bradberry & Dr. Jean Greaves. I have enjoyed The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People written by Steven R Covey for the second time.

SkyeMonroe and DevonDelancey like this.
  13. DevonDelancey
    Chat with Me

DevonDelancey New Kitty ❤️ Professional Companion

Wow it looks like we have quite a variety of genres here! Love to see it.

SkyeMonroe, Old Nick and Midwest Gent like this.