Earthquake in Utah

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Old Nick, Mar 18, 2020.

1. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

Old Nick Well-Known Member

As if there wasn’t enough crap going on, Utah had an earthquake this morning about 7:12 in the AM. It was 5.7 centered by Magna. I felt the ground moving this morning.

2. JerryVestal
    Chat with Me

JerryVestal Well-Known Member

I hope you're doing okay brother!

Old Nick likes this.
  3. isurfer
    Chat with Me

isurfer Well-Known Member

A 5.7 in Utah? Not bad, just hope it is not a foreshock for an even bigger earthquake. I lived in Southern California for 60 years so I'm used to earthquakes.

StevenL, Old Nick and JerryVestal like this.
  4. JerryVestal
    Chat with Me

JerryVestal Well-Known Member

isurfer, I sorta know what you're talking about, here in NE Ohio we may not get a many earthquakes, but the constant flooding, tornadoes, blizzards every year is a bitch, especially in Youngstown and Warren area. We have a saying in Ohio, "If you don't like the weather, wait fifteen minutes, it will change, an usually not for the better!"

Old Nick likes this.
  5. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

There’s talk of something bigger on the horizon, but it seems to be calming down. It’s rare to get earthquakes in Utah. We do get the odd tornado.

6. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

I’m alright. Just surprised. I was not expecting it.

aztecwarrior2881 likes this.
  7. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

I remember more than a decade ago, an earthquake hit Wells. One of my buddies asked me if I wanted to join his family in scoping out the damage.

I respectfully declined, and told him I don’t go to Wells to scope out earthquake damage. I’m scoping something else out. :D