Souvenir 8x10 Prints

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Anime Nut, Oct 7, 2015.

1. I attend a lot of conventions. My first BunnyRanch visit was largely made possible by that very fact. One staple souvenir of any con is the celebrity 8x10. You know what I'm talking about - that stack of glossy photos that your favorite star autographs and personalizes for you, usually for a small fee. Meanwhile, I see lots of professional photos on this site and message board. Many of these are photos I'd love to own large prints of. So why not make 'em available at the ranch, maybe on the online store as well? It's only been a few days since I returned home from the BunnyRanch, but I'm already wishing I brought back a few more tangible souvenirs - ones that actually take me back to specific moments. A personalized 8x10 can do just that. Here's how I see it working:

You start off with the photos already taken by guys like NYCPHOTOG. I realize there are many girls who still don't have pro shots available. They can provide the shots on their own, or the ranch can set up photography sessions - like once a month or so. This shouldn't be mandatory for all girls, but I suspect more will become interested if this idea takes off.

Next, each girl can select their favorite shot (or several), and that gets printed in bulk. The girl's name (can also include social media links) and the logo of her respective house should be printed in an empty corner of the print. Each girl keeps a box of prints in her room, while more copies of all the girls' prints are kept at the clerk's office.

Now let's talk price. If profits are split equally between girl and house, I think $10-20 per individual print is more than reasonable. If $20/print is the rate, offer a 3-for-$50 deal - although that could get tricky when splitting between multiple girls. I would hope a single print is included free with any paid party, but I'll leave that up to the discretion of the house and each girl.

If you're still with me, here's how I think the business model can succeed. The average client would love a signed and personalized print of the girl they just partied with. If discretion at home is an issue, they can either request a less-detailed personalized note, or just avoid the print entirely. After spending the cost of an average party, another $20 (if not already included free with tbe party) is peanuts in order to take home a nice souvenir. But what about the girls that the client did not get to party with? The girls he really dug but didn't have enough money left in the account to spend more quality time with? He can still request and purchase signed/personalized photos from them as well. That's where the prints kept at the clerk's office come in. This provides just another opportunity for the girls to make a little more money, even when they're not picked out of the line-up or don't have an appointment. For example, I had a lovely time meeting and chatting with Abby May, Bella Donna, Jenny Jade, and Tiffany Summers - but I didn't party with any of them. If I had the opportunity to buy a signed/personalized photo of any of the girls, I would've jumped on that immediately, even with my limited budget.

I see some regular board members occasionally add girls' images to their signatures, sorta like a virtual trophy wall for bragging rights. Why not make that a real souvenir to hold in your hands? The ranch's gift shop can even sell branded portfolio binders for the client to store, sort, and display their growing collection. While we're here, why stop at the courtesans? Dennis Hof, Madam Suzette... heck, even Domino could sell a few collectible prints. This idea provides the clients with something they'll enjoy and help commemorate the special memories they made at the ranch. It also provides additional revenue for the house and girls, even when they're not busy. Win-win.

That's my idea. Seems like a lot to say for something so simple as photo prints. I just wanted to show that I've thought this through, and I believe it has a lot of potential.

2. QTo
    Chat with Me

QTo Well-Known Member

Sounds like a good idea. Not sure if printing the photos are up to par, but I believe some are close to or at photo quality nowadays, just need to buy the right printer/ink/paper stock, then the pictures can be printed out on demand, might be another option.

3. I've long believed that personal photo printers are only good for privacy and discretion. The ongoing costs of restocking paper and ink is a massive headache, and you don't get any discount for printing in bulk. On the other hand, you can potentially save money by just ordering a large number of prints from an outside source.

In the end, I just wanna buy something else besides Hof Sauce for collectible images of the Bunnies.

4. nataliaqing
    Chat with Me

nataliaqing Well-Known Member

I would purchase one of Domino haha :)

5. You know if any of the locations need an event convention Photographer who can print on the spot 8x10 pictures. I would be your girl. I have been doing the Meet and Greet Photography at some local Conventions. The last one I did was "2050 events" in Daytona. The Celebrities and voice actors I meet where very warming and many loved what I was doing. I am different that 'Celebrity Photo ops" or "Froggy" as I use a green screen backdrop and come up with creative background. Though if needed I can use a standard backdrop. The printer I use is a DNP 80, which does very fast quality prints. Was an investment and still working to reach my overhead. It is going to happen though.

My Next Conventions will be Omni Expo in Orlando, and Drag con in LA. For Drag Con the winner of session 2 have is hiring me to work her booth doing pictures of her and her fans. My friends who helped run Omni and 2050 and working to get me in other conventions. I may but not sure also do "Girls of Wonderland" Which is the Lesbian parties at Gay Days Orlando. When I go to AVN. I want to talk to the people in charge about doing a Meet and greet there for the next convention.

Anyways I think it is a great idea.

6. I do sell prints, some even poster size. I'm finding a way to incorporate it into the site I use to advertise what I do here as I try to keep my mundane modeling/etc life separate. :p Though perhaps collectible cards of the regular girls at all the ranches, too? Gotta catch 'em all?

7. LexieJames
    Chat with Me

LexieJames Anything and everything you desire...

I absolutely love this idea!! I am actually working on producing some kiss cards to hand out for my next visit! I think its a great thing to send a guest home with a tangible souvenir to remember their time with me! (and hopefully return to party with me again in the future!)