Negativity on the Bunny Board

Discussion in 'Dennis Hof and Madam Suzette' started by Dennis Hof, May 12, 2006.

1. You could hardly call what I do a Banging.More of a quick,light tapping........

2. Let's find you a new Bunny that does not know the difference, you can say

"its the best you ever had, right"

3. There's a joke about 12 YO Girls here but I'm going to leave it alone........

4. oh Brucey!!! you and those 12 YO girls!!!

5. Indy......

You have captured the essence of negativity in as accurate a way as possible in these circumstances......

I am duly proud and inspired by you...more than you may know..

And just who is the mentor here??

Peace

SW

6. leave the drama for your baby mama

7. I agree with Mommy, and while I am not so experienced with the boards, I have had the priviledge of being a bunny for over two years now and I believe another reason to keep drama and negativity off our internet is because we Dennis and Suzette also do a wonderful job of keeping it out of the house!! The Moolinght Bunnyranch is a positive, fun, civilized place, and our boards should reflect that.

8. Well said Bunny Love :)

9. thanks buddy
    [​IMG]

10. D I passed on your note... he should get with you sometime soon.

11. Daddy,

I say NO Drama! I can understand the marketing appeal behind it - however, someone's feelings always gets hurt - retaliation, etc. A drop leads to many ripples in the water. I like when there is playful banter between the girls and Board Members ... :) Just my two cents worth. :wink:

12. Here we go again! The topic of supressing negitivity has become a forum of hatred and negitivity itself.

Ive been one on accassion to be a hater on this board. For example my comments about the Pres. regarding his E.O. prohibiting Military Personel from paying for sex. Where there is division and passion, negitivity and hatred will be generated.

Let free speech run its course. We can police ourselves by recognizing when I/we and others are "hating."

When we do, we have the freedom to move to a new topic.

13. I do agree that we all need to practice self-control and discipline in our own behavior on the board. In an ideal world, that would be the simple answer to the problem. Unfortunately, not everyone can be relied upon to exercise self control and discipline. That is where the moderators come in. Free speech is a wonderful thing and I will be the first to stand up and even die for it. However, everyone has to realize that this is not truly a "Public Forum". This website is owned by Dennis. When you enter the website, you are entering "private property". It's the same as if you were entering the Bunny Ranch itself. There is acceptable behavior for being in the ranch just as there is acceptable behavior for being on this website. Free speech laws do not apply to private property. You can check case law on that if you have any doubt. If you doubt that the website itself is private property, ask Dennis who the federal government would hold responsible for illegal content on this site. Proper behavioral maintenance by our moderators is a necessary precaution in order to maintain a polite and welcome atmosphere on the board. I admire the way our moderators do their job because they do not overuse or abuse their authority. There is still a need for them to maintain order, though.
    As I said before, healthy and courteous debate is a good thing on the site. It's educational because it makes people consider both sides to a given subject and form their own opinions. The secret is to keep the hatred and personal attacks out of the debate. A person who has a strong position in a debate with valid, intellectual arguements will find no need to resort to hatred or personal attacks.

14. Indy,

Your right. The distiction between public and private domain must be made to understand the rights and reposibilities of all involved. Free Speech is something that can be regulated, as a condition of participating, in a private forum. Does the restriction of free expression make good policy?

Thats really the question. From a Utopian perspective, I believe that free expression is the best policy in both public and private domains. Remember the old school yard jingle "sticks and stones will break my bones, but names will never hurt me?" Its true because the words of another say more about them then they could ever say about you or I.

From a realist perspective, I know that thier are other considerations to take into account, such as governmental control and Lack of individual self control and respect.

This raises the question of the idea that dennis and/or others must "self police" thier private forums? is it really "Self Policing" when its being done for fear of government. The answer is no. However, the penalties are real.

Your right it is up to dennis to regulate the content of his board, because the government will penalize his ass not ours.

Great posts Dennis and Indy!

thanks

15. As a businessman myself, I have four years of experience with a forum board similar to this one in its nature if not its content. I was under the initial impression that the board should respect freedom of speech, until that freedom of speech was used to harrass, intimidate and threaten prospective clients. I had to assume the liability for the actions of those users, over a death threat, and consequently it reflected poorly on our business.

Strict moderation policies should always be observed on business forums, we use a three strike system, make our warnings public by editing the original post with red text explaining the infraction and changing the users status to banned if necessary. You should also add a disclaimer siting that the opinions and comments of the users do not reflect the views of the business and staff, although it seems implicit a lawyer will prove otherwise.

We even went so far as to moderate for proper spelling and grammar, but from what I've read on the boards you'd have your hands full :wink:

16. DC, I believe in the bottom section of the main page of the forum, there are "Board Rules" and penalties. The penalties is a three strike system.
    As for the spelling, well, we rely on the smartest bovine in the world.

I like your idea though, about Moderators editing the original text with red font.

17. as far as negativity goes, there should be no more of it..

just try to imagine new custumers or surfers that comes on the forum for the first time and see only negative posts..they will tuen around to not come back..not good for buisness..

bside that in love the forum, the girls and u too Dennis..mwaaaaa