Locking old posts

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Chili Cook, Nov 1, 2011.

1. Re: Locking old post's

OH SHIT !! Did you hear that Skye ? He says he's from the government and he's here to help. I'm officially TERRIFIED NOW !!

YOU BETTER RUN LOL !!

2. Re: Locking old post's

I'm not scared I'm payin my taxes now lol

3. Re: Locking old post's

It's good that things can be fixed when needed. Sometimes ppl can be plain mean.

4. Re: Locking old post's

Give me their names, I've been in a real pissed-off mood for several weeks now. Would LOVE the opportunity to beat the snot out of someone !!

5. Re: Locking old post's

Chill mike too much testosterone on the job site!

6. pantera
    Chat with Me

pantera Well-Known Member

Love the Idea!

[smilie=happy.gif]

7. Your thoughts on locking old posts are clear, problem is these boards are slow, just like the legal system, lawsuits take years, locking a thread because it is 30 days old makes no sense.

FT

8. this is why there is the "archives", so we can resurrect issues from the past

FT

9. pantera
    Chat with Me

Good tip Fellow_Traveler! [smilie=heart fill with love.gif]

10. How does the archives section work? I never go in there?

11. JadeCapri
    Chat with Me

JadeCapri Genuine•Embracing•Assisting conquer inadequacies

I think some posts are interesting and had nice feedback therefore deserve to be active. I agree locking posts that have no use for message board members at all. Now who is to decide what is good or bad?

12. Harold
    Chat with Me

Harold Well-Known Member

Board Members:

Report old posts as you would SPAM (Red Exclamation Mark and then provide an explanation).

The moderators will lock old posts, but cannot conduct an exhaustive search for them.

Some old posts just need to go to Post Heaven when thay are no longer applicable.

13. Good idea,.

14. KelF
    Chat with Me

KelF Active Member

Are you doing this for all old posts? I made a thread about my trip a few years ago, and some new board members wanted to see it, so I posted a link to it under my sig pic. It won't be locked, will it??

15. Harold
    Chat with Me

Harold Well-Known Member

Kelf:

You are an active board member.

Time should not be the deciding factor in the determination of which old posts get locked (A post can always be unlocked with a PM to a Moderator).

An RIP post after a sufficient time would be a candidate for locking.

The message board community is a good judge of what is no longer relevant.

16. pantera
    Chat with Me

Hope Not! Kelf's stuff is pretty interesting!

[smilie=heart fill with love.gif]

17. KelF
    Chat with Me

KelF Active Member

Thank you for letting me know Harold. What a relief! :D And thanks Pantera! [smilie=heart fill with love.gif]

18. Crock has a new policy on oldie subject matters and posts. Please consult him on record retention policy :wink:

19. Docrocker
    Chat with Me

Docrocker Well-Known Member

It sounds good but then if some one has something important to say about an old post they would have to generate a new post like I'm about to about GDW rates higher. [smilie=happy.gif]

20. isurfer
    Chat with Me

isurfer Well-Known Member

Just send a PM to a moderator. I unlocked the post in question, it was a spam posting magnet, but I have a question for you. Did you actually call the number that Madam Suzette put in her topic? 775-885-9000 is the phone number for Gold Dust West Carson City. From what I remember, the "BunnyRanch" corporate rate was never an internet reservation option, it was always done with a direct call to the hotel (not using a possible outsourced or non-local reservation service with the 877 toll free number) or talking to someone in person that was actually working at the hotel front desk. This was a private specific deal with only the local Gold Dust West Carson City Hotel and not done with all 3 of the Gold Dust properties. Which method did you use to get the rate you were quoted in the topic you posted? Hopefully we will get verification of the rates you posted, and then change the sticky topic Madam Suzette posted if your information is correct, then delete your topic. The rates you quoted looked more like the rack rate when I checked the online reservations system, and not a discounted rate.

21. Docrocker
    Chat with Me

I booked online but then I called. Last year the rate online of 65 was the same deal as calling and mentioning bunnyranch. I will call them again and talk to some one else it could be some one who wasn't knowledgeable at the desk been I inquired. I will get back to ya thanks iSurfer.

22. Docrocker
    Chat with Me

Never mind folks if you call to make the reservation at GDW Carson City they honor 65 per night and free breakfast if you mention you are a bunnyranch customer. My confusion was last year the online rate and bunnyranch rate were the same.

23. Make sure to eat at Ole Ole if you like Mexican food! AMAZING! [smilie=hot over you.gif]

24. yeah it will:)[​IMG]

25. shelbystar
    Chat with Me

shelbystar Looks gets you, my personality brings you back!

I agree!

26. I don't know the exact formula that the moderators have been using in removing old posts. I do know they removed a significant number within the last year.

I know that a Valentine and a St Patty's day thread of mine were both removed when I tried to open the link to them the other day. (a little less than a year old) while other threads deem a much higher need to be saved.

Now "locking" the thread doesn't seem to be too bad of an idea as many ladies may depart for quite some time and therefore not post in her photo thread but she spent many hours, days and months adding those pictures. Simply unlocking the thread when she returned would prove very helpful.

Thank you Chili!

[​IMG]

27. shelbystar
    Chat with Me

shelbystar Looks gets you, my personality brings you back!

I agree!!!