I guess every once in awhile life throws you lemons.......

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jessie Summers, Aug 15, 2019.

1. It's nothing that is 'beyond handling', just a ton of adulting and patience, but if everybody could keep me in your prayers that the days of turmoil and stress would return back to normal, that would be great.

I've had a bunch of items stressing me out this year. Firstly, my 2018 taxes, I don't understand tax code, but for 2019, so I'm not 'in the hole' again, I'm having a meeting on Monday, I'm hoping for good news and simple ways to get a refund (or even a small payment) rather than being way in the hole.

Most of you know I traveled to Nevada last weekend to party, and while the tax issues did cut down on my amount of fun, I still had enough in a layaway plan to enjoy myself immensely! However, here's the travel fun!

I got a ticket on Thursday afternoon checking my weather radar while I was in and around thunderstorms in Elko. Granted my fault, but my first ever ticket, gave me a feeling of "what's next?". While leaving, and looking for a place to stop overnight Saturday and rest, I discover that I had forgotten my glasses at the hotel! Not good, for if I had ruined by contacts somehow, I would have been shit out of luck trying to get home. SCARY. I got to Wendover when a freak gust of wind rams my car and tears out the entire left side tail-light and blinker system! I had to drive the whole way home worried about being pulled over. I did get pulled over twice. It turns out stopping at O'Reilly Auto Parts in Rawlins, Wyoming for the paperwork on what I was ordering as replacements saved me a couple of tickets. However, being pulled over STRESSES me out.

Finally, after things had finally seemed to return to normal, I checked my bank accounts early last evening, and SOMEBODY HAD BEEN USING MY DEBIT CARD! Fraud, I took care of the issue, locked down the card, bank will begin reversing the fraudulent use things tomorrow, but seeing a couple of debit card purchases putting he in the red, not to mention these jackasses tried to make a 5 THOUSAND DOLLAR purchase but failed, stresses me out.

Complaining session over. So far today has been calm and good (O'Reilly is ordering my replacement headlight parts for tomorrow morning YAY!) so hopefully that continues. Going to check my bank account again, hopefully no 'other' fradulent charges went through!

Last edited: Aug 17, 2019
  2. Well, damn, Jess...interesting that your thread is right next to @Old Nick 's continuing thread on karma ... what part of dealing with the IRS isn't stressful to anyone? On the upside, we all cheered for you while on your Ranch Run and, at least, you made it back home safe. Well wishes!

aztecwarrior2881 and Old Nick like this.
  3. Thanks RS! It felt like last week was spent at the ranches (yay, fun, no stress), or on the road (what gonna happen next?) ....... I am making TONS of progress on the not so fun stuff though, and payday is tomorrow, having a paying job on Saturday, so it's not all bad!

grizzly and RunningSquirrel like this.
  4. Ragazo Solo
    Chat with Me

Ragazo Solo Well-Known Member

Dang, when it rains it pours. Hope your bad luck streak has come to a screeching halt!
    Maybe you shouldn't have left the ranch, haha :)

Jessie Summers likes this.
  5. LOL @ragazosolo there's a whole other side to that!

So, one of the reasons I had to cut my party back last weekend, I was anticipating a payday that never got to me. A side job. He is good at paying, but not consistent in paying. Also, if not for Hot August Nights, I for sure could have got 4-5 nights free (using trade I'm with) in a Reno hotel, but when I checked on options, everything was booked! So the bad luck (at least trying to make it a nice multi-night stay, kind of started early) LOL

Ragazo Solo likes this.
  6. Dang Jessie sorry you’re going through all that. Definitely be keeping you in prayer. Hopefully it’s all sorted out soon and the stress goes away. You’re a good person Jessie, just remember that

7. Hope things get better for you.

8. Ragazo Solo
    Chat with Me

Ragazo Solo Well-Known Member

Yea, Reno is crazy during Hot August Nights. I made the mistake of going and trying to go to lunch last year. Not a single parking spot to be found at the Atlantis or the Peppermill.

9. Sharky
    Chat with Me

Sharky Well-Known Member

Not sure who did or does your taxes but they need to be fired for failing to do their job right. I have owned 2 businesses, got my mom thru chemo and helped both my parents retire and my CPA had never failed me.
    Sorry you're going thru this, but find someone new to do your taxes, you're being fleeced, misled and taken advantage of in my opinion.

10. So sorry to hear that things are so rough for you right now. Life is like a rollercoaster so when you are on the downhill just know that you will be going back up soon!

Sharky likes this.
  11. Thanks @AbbyAvery things are slowly getting better/back to normal etc etc etc, work getting busy and the fall is quickly approaching! Hope you are well girl!

12. I would tend to agree on this........since a large portion of my income is considered 'taxable barter', my good friend in that system was SHOCKED when I told him that even planning to donate that entire salary to a non-profit, tax-deductible organization, I'd still owe thousands, he says that sounds incompletely incorrect, he's in the process of getting me a CPA specializing in barter/trade accounts, process is going slower than I'd like, both hopefully there's good news on the horizon!

Old Nick and Sharky like this.
  13. Sharky
    Chat with Me

Sharky Well-Known Member

Best of luck on getting it properly resolved.

14. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

Old Nick Well-Known Member

I’m sorry to hear what you’re going through. You know what they say, though, when life hands you lemons, make lemonade. With the exception of Thursday (posted about that in another thread), I think I’m making the best lemonade ever.

15. AsiaFoxxx
    Chat with Me

AsiaFoxxx Asia Foxxx is back, leave your deposit today!

I hope things work out dornoch the best for you

16. Thanks @AsiaFoxxx things are actually looking much much better! In fact, I just dumped my health insurance yesterday for something much better all the way around! So happy for that!

17. KikiLover
    Chat with Me

KikiLover ♛ Middle Eastern Princess ♛

This is such an interesting thread,
    thanks for posting [smilie=heart fill with love.gif]