Here’s what happened to me

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Old Nick, Aug 25, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

Old Nick Well-Known Member

As some of you might already know, I had an accident at work.

I was trying to top stock some dog treats. I had this small step ladder I’d been up and down many times. I got the first box up there, no problem. But when I climbed the ladder to put the second box up, the ladder tipped over with me on it! I fell, landed on the side of my foot, and the ladder was sandwiched around my foot. The box of dog treats landed next to me.

So my bosses were called to where I was. I sat on a flat cart and was wheeled out of the way. I ended up filling out an accident report. When all was said and done, I was sent home and paid for the rest of the day. Now I can’t even move without crutches. I think it’s a sprain.

This has happened to me before when I worked at the city. I tripped over some branches backwards, stepped wrong, and sprained my ankle. I foolishly finished out the day, and I was using a rake as a crutch. I was out for a few days.

This won’t keep me down long. I’ll bounce back. I just won’t use that flimsy ladder again.

2. I'm sorry to hear that. Faulty equipment is a danger to everyone. I hope you heal quickly and completely. I also hope your employer reevaluates its choice in stepladders.

3. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

It’s partially my fault. We have platform ladders. I shoulda used one of those.

PhoenixRising and BrooklynMoore like this.
  4. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

Update: I can stand up a little easier, but I still need crutches to get around. I hate those things!

5. cumishaamado
    Chat with Me

cumishaamado Love Virgins, Couples & Girlfriend Experience

I hope you have fast recovery with lot's of cum to cum!!![smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif]

PhoenixRising and Old Nick like this.
  6. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

Thanks, @cumishaamado. :):):):):):):):):):):):)

PhoenixRising likes this.
  7. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

Gonna see where I gotta go to see a doctor. Work will be sending me.

PhoenixRising likes this.
  8. cumishaamado
    Chat with Me

It's my pleasure and you're welcome!!![smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif]

9. cumishaamado
    Chat with Me

Thanks @Old Nick for liking my post!!! You are awesome!!![smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif]

10. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

3525B785-AD9F-4850-A3C4-87C85D275B8F.jpeg

I went to WorkMed today. After getting x-rays, I found it's officially a sprain. Hopefully, I’ll be able to be at work in the next couple of days.

In other news, I found out while checking my email on my phone, my divorce is now final. I’m officially single again...yep. I’ll get excited about that later. For now, I need to rest.

11. Congratulations on your divorce being finalized. One chapter ends, and a new, hopefully better one, begins. I hope your employer pays you for the time your missing at your job.

12. I glad you didnt break your ankle, just a sprain

13. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

Here’s hoping. As for my divorce, I still need to heal.

PhoenixRising and sonja like this.
  14. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

Thanks. :) It still hurts to walk, but I can get around a lot easier today than on Friday and Saturday. [smilie=heart fill with love.gif]

15. You'll be healed in a week, just keep your ankle prop up

16. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

I hope to be able to walk better on Thursday, coz that’s when I’m scheduled for work. Here’s hoping.

17. If you stay off of it as much as you can, it will heal faster

18. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

Sadly, I may not have that option. The doctor did suggest light duty and resting as much as I can, though that would be difficult as I work retail. I’m on my feet all day.

Unless I could help our receiver with computer entries.

19. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

I’m up and about without crutches! Good thing, too. My ribs hurt from the damn things.

20. You need some good old fashioned TLC Nick! Rumor has it that the working girls are excellent at their "taking care of you" skills! Feel better my friend!

PhoenixRising, sonja and Old Nick like this.
  21. That's wonderful news about you can walk around without crutches, your ribs?

22. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

They press into them. I still have to step carefully, but I’m on the right track.

23. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

Sadly, the brothels aren’t just across the street from me. I plan on getting there someday.

24. Glad to hear you're off the crutches. Are you back to work, then?

25. So sorry you got hurt. Sounds like you could use some on your back rehab. ;)

26. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

I’m
    I will be Thursday. So I have one more day to rest.

27. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

Yeppers. With the right company, I don’t mind being on my back at all. :D

28. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

I go back to work tomorrow. I thought about driving Uber Eats today, but it might be pushing it. I’ll ease back into it.

29. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

This will be my first day back to work in little less than a week. Wish me luck.

30. Be careful at work. I glad your back working again

31. Congratulations on returning to work. I'm glad your injury wasn't too serious, and I hope your first day back goes smoothly.

32. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

I’m more than halfway through my shift, and my ankle is aching. Fortunately, I’m off tomorrow.

33. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

Home from work. My ankle was screaming by the end of the day. My daughter’s with me for the weekend, so there’s something good. I guess it was too soon, but I had to go in.

I’m off tomorrow. Maybe I’ll do some Uber Eats deliveries. Need that extra money.

34. Did your doctor give you any advice on how to deal with the pain while working? Did he prescribe any pain medication? Are you wrapping your ankle Ace bandage style, or doing anything for it? I'm not a physician, but I imagine being on your feet for eight hours with an ankle sprain is going to inflame it.

35. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

I’m just using over the counter pain meds, but I did get an ankle brace. I think a cast boot would have probably been better, but it’s a sprain, not a break. On my days off, I stay off it when I can, but I don’t want to baby it either. This coming Saturday is another eight hour shift. Today, however, I’m off.