Format Improvement for Ustream Shows

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by JustAverage, Apr 9, 2013.

1. I'll make a long story as short as possible.

There is a technology and technique that is called genlocking or chroma key or overlaying. It is more commonly known as Green Screening. In short, it is a combination of two images. The image that will be the background and the image that will be placed over the background - the foreground. The foreground contains an image/actor/model that is photographed in front of a green background. When the images are combined, the green in the foreground image is ignored - and wherever the green appears, the background shows through.

This is just a little example:

So the ustream show is done in a fairly standardized format. The chat monitor is on the right, the hostess (or host) in the middle, and the interviewee is on the left. As shown below:

Now, since we know that there is a semi-standardized seating arrangement, we can create overlay images that will be specific for each interviewee. Something similar to the image below would be created (using any graphic program).

And, when you combine them, you would get:

Now, this was - of course - a quick example of what could be done. It could be formatted differently, so long as the basics hold true (text on a green background).

The advantage is that the lady's information would be up and available, and there would a reduced change of misspelling or getting emails/twitters incorrect. There are some disadvantages. There has to be an image for each lady scheduled. The order of appearance has to be kept consistent too, once the show starts. Also, there IS admittedly some coverage of the lowest (arguably most delicious) portion of the screen. Although, the image doesn't need to be up ALL the time - it could be flashed for a short time as the lady takes her seat. It would also, perhaps, deny Brooke her good humored teasing of making some ladies spell their names...over and over..

Now, overlaying techniques have been used in the past on the ustream (as shown below), so there should be a way of doing this. Just a question of which is better: using this technique for ladies or allowing the ladies to speak their own information.

-JA

2. Harold
    Chat with Me

Harold Well-Known Member

JA got talent!

3. JadeCapri
    Chat with Me

JadeCapri Genuine•Embracing•Assisting conquer inadequacies

He does, I love how he explain it all in details. That could be a idea to explored.

4. Yes he does! [smilie=heart fill with love.gif]

6. shelbystar
    Chat with Me

shelbystar Looks gets you, my personality brings you back!

Thank you for the details!

7. RATHER AMAZING

8. Have a great week guys :D [smilie=heart fill with love.gif] [smilie=heart fill with love.gif] [smilie=heart fill with love.gif]

9. I love this idea!! I think it would be sooo much better!!

10. shelbystar
    Chat with Me

shelbystar Looks gets you, my personality brings you back!

Awesome!!!

11. Great idea, JA! I would love to see green screen technology on Ustream!

12. HollyWood
    Chat with Me

HollyWood I'll go the distance to make a difference...

We could get really creative with a green screen!!

13. Cool! They should try it :p