A healthier Grizzly! What are some favorite recipies

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by grizzly, Apr 29, 2019.

1. grizzly
    Chat with Me

grizzly Well-Known Member

So as many of you ladies and gentleman know I have been absent from the ranches for the better part of a year and half. In this time I have been focusing on me financially, mentally and physically. I have a career in Corrections I absolutely love, making good money with health benefits.

So when I worked at Popeyes, I was eating fried food 7 days a week, downing 3-4 Monster Energy drinks a day and drinking about 64 oz or more of Soda Pop 7 days a week.

In August of 2018 I received the following test results from my doctor which spurred to better myself:
    Cholesterol 217 mg/dL <=200 mg/dL ; High
    Triglycerides 280 mg/dL 0 - 149 mg/dL; High
    HDL 39 mg/dL 40 - 90 mg/dL Low
    LDL Cholesterol 122 mg/dL mg/dL High
    Non-HDL Cholesterol 178 mg/dL 0 - 129 mg/dL H
    Glucose 110 mg/dL 74 - 106 mg/dL H

I weighed in at 250 lbs at 5'7"

Today I went for a health screening through my work the results are night and day in a few short months:
    Cholesterol 169 mg/dL <=200 mg/dL ; Low Risk
    Triglycerides 94 mg/dL 0 - 149 mg/dL; Low Risk
    HDL 35 mg/dL 40 - 90 mg/dL Low
    LDL Cholesterol 115 mg/dL 100-129 mg/dL Near Optimal
    Glucose 96 mg/dL 74 - 106 mg/dL Normal
    I am now officially 219 lbs. According to the BMI Chart I am still considered Obese. lmao

So I know several ladies at the ranch like @MercyMercydys; @baileypaige ; @RoxyGold and several other ladies eat very healthy lifestyles.

What are some recipes you recommend eating?
    What are some tips and tricks to adding more fruits and veggies? Since I need to raise my HDL

I did a program through work called Naturally Slim (mainly to get free money and points off my next years premium) but according to @MercyMercydys it is not very healthy as the program requires you to eat only at a Level 3 hunger and eat about the size of your fist and stop when full.

I currently work 10p-6am. I usually get home and go to bed and wake up around 3pm eat supper and than my next meal is at 2am while at work.

Any tips from the ladies on how to eat more healthy, snack ideas since you ladies work 12 hr shifts. Also if the gents have any suggestions I am all ears.

Thank you for taking time to listen and read my thread on Healthy ways of Getting Healthy and losing weight.

2. AjaMercury
    Chat with Me

AjaMercury Heavenly Mercury Incarnate

I eat frequently throughout the day, probably 5 or 6 'meals' a day. All but 2 of these meals are usually only a small plate full. Besides this I always pay attention to what's on my plate, and make conscious decisions (but that comes after knowing the true nutritional values of veggies and more). Besides this, look at how the human body actually behaves/digests and evolved. Just knowing how your body prefers to be fed allows you to make the best decisions, and also quickly realize flaws in diet-fads.

grizzly likes this.
  3. AjaMercury
    Chat with Me

On a less serious note, if you ever need healthy or vegan recipes let me know.

grizzly likes this.
  4. grizzly
    Chat with Me

Yes I would love some healthy/vegan recipes!

Thank you for the reply and good information!

5. Ok, so right now I am doing www.eatthismuch.com, in conjunction with www.instacart.com and also www.myfitnesspal.com and I already lost four pounds last week!

I made a spinach. iceberg lettuce, red pepper, carrot and mushroom salad this morning to last a few days.

I'm working out 30 min-1.5 hrs a day at the gym.

No sugar, no processed food, no meat.

RunningSquirrel and grizzly like this.
  6. AjaMercury
    Chat with Me

I try to do very little meat, let me cook for you @grizzly. you won't even know it's vegan.

grizzly likes this.
  7. grizzly
    Chat with Me

Hmm I would game to try! I am always open to new experiences!! PS I am truly mesmerized by your signature pictures, especially the one on the right with the bluish color robe.

8. AjaMercury
    Chat with Me

thanks so much, the photographer does great work!

grizzly likes this.
  9. grizzly
    Chat with Me

yes they do, it also helps having an angelic model![smilie=heart fill with love.gif]

10. Hey, Griz....congratulations on awesome progress....yeah, as you may have figured, BMI is a pretty broad number that, especially in your case, won't reflect the positive changes you've made. I used to work graveyard, too, and the main thing was finding time to fit in a workout and be dedicated to it--tricky when your sleep pattern is out of the norm but, as the ladies with their own shift schedule challenges will attest, is very possible. As @Air Force Amy already mentioned, "no sugar" is a good mantra. Keep it goin'!

grizzly likes this.
  11. No more Soda... the first two weeks are really tough, but after that you won’t even miss it.

Switching from candy or chips to roasted UNSALTED nuts and/or dried fruit. I don’t do the trail mixes because they have loads of added salt (and I will pick out the m&ms then leave the rest). Popcorn flavored rice cakes are pretty good too.

If you need to do fast food, do two burgers instead of burger and fries.

Sneak some spinach into your morning scrambled eggs.

Grape seed oil for pan frying instead of butter or corn oil.

I am a junk food lover, and trying (not as hard as I could be:rolleyes:) to mend my ways. :)

RunningSquirrel and grizzly like this.
  12. I've cut out citrus fruits too. I'm satisfying my sweet tooth with sweet corn, carrots and once a week watermelon.

grizzly likes this.
  13. They’ve got white corn on the cobs 2 for 1 dollar at smiths right now! They were so good I actually ate one raw hehe :)

grizzly likes this.
  14. KikiLover
    Chat with Me

KikiLover ♛ Middle Eastern Princess ♛

This is such an interesting thread,
    thanks for posting [smilie=heart fill with love.gif]