**D-day Remember**

Discussion in 'Dennis Hof and Madam Suzette' started by pir8at50, Jun 6, 2010.

1. 66 years ago today, "The Greatest Generation" led an assault on the beaches of Normandy, France to begin the liberation of Europe from German control. Over 4,000 allied troops made the ultimate sacrifice on that sand. Thousands more wounded. So if you know a WWII veteran give them your thanks, a handshake and/or a hug :D

This day also hold special meaning for me 42 years ago on this date my grandfather died :( , and almost a decade later my daughter was born on this date. :)

2. Harold
    Chat with Me

Harold Well-Known Member

Support our veterans and our service members. They have made and continue to make many personal sacrifices, including the ultimate sacrifice.

Freedon is not free. It is paid for with sacrifice and blood. Acknowledge and support the individual and the families of those deployed.

Your neighbors, those in the reserves, have been called upon as never before to support our nation.

A special shoutout to the bunnies and cowgirls who have served and / or have someone serving now.

3. Thanks Ice!

4. kevinz0071
    Chat with Me

kevinz0071 Well-Known Member

I have actually been to Normandy and stood on the Beaches and also have stood inside the German Bunkers very erie moments walking along Omaha Beach and seeing what we were up against. Thank you to all who have served and those who continue to fight on

5. Well said, Kev! :)