Today I'm Listening To...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AdalindGray, Aug 20, 2023.

1. Hell yes the OG bad girl.

Old Nick likes this.
  2. Today I'm listening to Amanda palmer

3. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

Old Nick Well-Known Member

It was a King Diamond kind of day at work today.

Scottbyrnes likes this.
  4. AudreyAllen
    Chat with Me

AudreyAllen Well-Known Member

I was listening to "Sexy and I know it" by LMFAO. Keeps me motivated in the gym

5. Listening to my lady Chinchilla again, do not mess with this lady

6. What's funny is that back in the day when that song first came out my friends kinda dubbed that song my unofficial theme song.

Scottbyrnes likes this.
  7. AudreyAllen
    Chat with Me

Nice, BaldBushi. I'm sure you are and hope to one day see for myself, sexy man

BaldBushi likes this.
  8. Hehe maybe one day.. I am limited in terms of being able to visit the ranches for the time being.. but maybe during one of my yearly visits you'll get to see for yourself a few things ;) Just... make sure to bring a large wrapper for things.

9. AmaraGunner
    Chat with Me

AmaraGunner Your natural blonde goddess

Currently have the song “Play Dirty” by Kevin McAllister on repeat for inspiration

Old Nick likes this.
  10. KikiLover
    Chat with Me

KikiLover ♛ Middle Eastern Princess ♛

You guys got good taste in music for sure hehe

11. i love women in rock. Spiritbox is awesome! She is hot hot lol!

Scottbyrnes likes this.
  12. AmaraGunner
    Chat with Me

Today we’ve got “Toxic” by Ashnikko going

Scottbyrnes likes this.
  13. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

Old Nick Well-Known Member

IMG_4469.jpeg

“King…come back to us…
    King…remember the tea…
    We are stronger than you…
    You must return…”

King Diamond’s third album, “Them,” is a horror masterpiece! From the opening track to the last one, King weaves a tale of horror that makes the listener wonder if he’s alright upstairs. King is like the Stephen King of heavy metal.

The story is a fictional account of King’s childhood. King’s grandmother, the antagonist of the story, comes home from an asylum, and with her came “them,” a group of ghosts who inhabit the house that King, his mother, and younger sister Missy live. When grandma starts brewing tea, evil abounds.

This album brought more personnel changes. Pete Blakk and Hal Patino replaced Michael Denner and Timi Hansen. Michael left due to artistic differences from the rest of the band, not even joining the tour, and Timi was forced to leave by his wife. The last remnants of Mercyful Fate were gone, save for King himself.

“Them” definitely has its jump moments in the shorter, story driven tracks. The creepy (mostly) instrumental track, “Them,” gives you the feeling that your stereo might be watching you. The album is like a horror movie set to music, much like King’s other works.

The video for “Welcome Home” is like a miniature horror movie.

If you want to hear the whole thing, here is the link: https://open.spotify.com/album/24Q1XHD9hhZl5FULWmG58H?si=MvI5sYEBR9C7wNI4ezDqXg

14. Listening to some concrete blonde again,

15. AmaraGunner
    Chat with Me

16. AudreyAllen
    Chat with Me

Lady Strange by Def Leppard playing in the parlor of the Bunny Ranch

Old Nick likes this.
  17. JasmineSinclair
    Chat with Me

JasmineSinclair Tall Slim Thick Brunette Goddess

Today I listened to relaxation music that sets my mood and makes my day start off right. With some calmness and very soothing