Going in for nerve surgery on Septemeber 11th Monday.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JerryVestal, Sep 9, 2023.

1. JerryVestal
    Chat with Me

JerryVestal Well-Known Member

Hi everyone, well most of you know in the past I have nerve damage in both ankles that cause overactive nerve stabbing nerve pain. Well, I got a call from my pain management doctor that they are going to surgically implant electrodes in the nerve spinal cord in the middle of my back to reduce the pain response flowing to my brain. Hopefully this will help. Whether this will mean I'll be in the hospital for a while or out-patient, I don't know. It is be performed at a Southwoods Hospital in Boardman, OH on this Monday September 11th. https://www.southwoodshealth.com Pray and blessing for luck that this works, that way I feel less nerve pain and I take fewer nerve pain pills from here on out. Though I might some adverse reactions after this, the videos below might explain them better.

Possible mental instability

I could be abby normal later, but I could get an additional benefit. :D

Then again, I may have to watch when the microwave is being used in the house.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2023
    aztecwarrior2881 and grizzly like this.
  2. BigAlbowski
    Chat with Me

BigAlbowski Well-Known Member

Pray that all goes well!!! [smilie=hi ya!.gif]

JerryVestal likes this.
  3. JerryVestal
    Chat with Me

Thank you buddy, I'll let you all know tomorrow how everything went!

BigAlbowski likes this.
  4. Medical technology never ceases to amaze. Good luck, have a speedy recovery, and I hope it solves your pain problem.

JerryVestal likes this.
  5. origlegman
    Chat with Me

origlegman Well-Known Member

I’ll be praying for a successful outcome and a speedy recovery for you Jerry.

JerryVestal likes this.
  6. JerryVestal
    Chat with Me

Thank you, Ray, yeah everything went well, right now they only let it the electrodes float in the spinal fluid in the lower part of my spine to test it out to see if this works in a five-day trial period after this, if it works (so far it has, just three more days to go) they will permanently implant it. Right now, with the electrodes floating around I can't lie on my back, I have to lie and sleep on my right side, and I can't lift anything heavier than a half-gallon jug of liquid. Good thing is the techs on the device call me every day to see how things are going before they decide to do the permanent implants. I was told by my doctor to continue taking my normal dose of pain pills while having the electrodes in me. As long as I feel less pain the better. I just get sudden jolts of the electrodes now and then when walking, standing, and lying on my back, other than that until they are permanent, the jolts are tolerable. :)

7. JerryVestal
    Chat with Me

Thank you, buddy, everything is going good so far. :)

8. JerryVestal
    Chat with Me

So, I guess with the electrodes floating around in my spine on a trial this week, I between the Batty video and the Cousin Eddie. :p

9. Oh my goodness! Good luck Jerry. I hope it all went well and it turns out better than expected test!

10. cumishaamado
    Chat with Me

cumishaamado Love Virgins, Couples & Girlfriend Experience

My prayers are always with you for a fast recovery!!!![smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif]

JerryVestal likes this.
  11. I hope everything continues to go well for you through this healing Journey. [smilie=call me.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=hi ya!.gif][smilie=hot over you.gif]

JerryVestal likes this.
  12. JerryVestal
    Chat with Me

New update on the permanent nerve surgery, I'm going in tomorrow November 29th at noon. They don't know if it's going to be an out-patient or in-patient operation. I'll text Miss @cumishaamado know so she can let you all know. They need shave down part of one of the vertebra bones to affix the titanium device to the spine while having the stimulating cords fixed into the spinal cord to control the nerve pain in my ankles. I get to have a remote to control the device. But after the surgery no driving for two months and no unnecessary twisting or bending and no lifting no more than five pounds for three months to make sure the device is completely bonded by the spine without it being dislodged. I'm not sure but the hospital said operation and my body will look like this in the video here.

13. EllieAmes
    Chat with Me

EllieAmes Sinfully Delicious

Sending prayers and positivity your way! May you have a speedy recovery as well! I look forward to the updates from @cumishaamado

14. JerryVestal
    Chat with Me

Thank you very much for the prayers, Miss Ellie Ames! [smilie=be mine!.gif][smilie=call me.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=hot over you.gif][smilie=i love you1.gif]

15. JerryVestal
    Chat with Me

Hi everyone, I just got home from the hospital, it turned out to be an out-patient procedure. Everything turned out fine, thank you all for your prayers and wishes, the LORD was watching out for me and guided the doctor's hands. GOD bless you all! I'll be on serious medicine while recovering at home, oxycodone, anti-infection pills, and some valium pills for possible spasms from the surgery. So, I guess I'll get some really good sleep. :) Not to worry I'm not going to get addicted to the oxy or the valium meds. I'm just going to take them as needed and nothing more. I love you all very much, thank you for keeping me in your prayers! [smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif]

16. JerryVestal
    Chat with Me

During my recovering time, while I'm still groggy from the pain meds, can anyone cover for me on the inspirational quotes and worship songs post until three weeks from now, until Iam more focused please? i would really appreciate it, any lessons, Bible verses or songs that come to mind would be perfectly okay. Thank you very much! [smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif]