A question for everyone.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by The_penguin_god, Aug 5, 2021.

1. As I have looked through the posts I have seen a lot of light hearted and fun posts. Now onto my post. I have a secret in my life. Something was done to me years ago and now it has resurfaced. I am looking for people to talk to about because I have no one to talk to about. I have gone to therapy and it helped with the situation but because of these new developments going to a therapist won’t help because I already know what they are going to say and this is something that I have to do on my own.as I said I am looking for people both male and female to talk to about this and if people wish to know I will tell them. Getting what happened out there is one of the best ways to deal with it. Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Old Nick likes this.
  2. BigAlbowski
    Chat with Me

BigAlbowski Well-Known Member

I am sorry you are dealing with something so disruptive to your life! I hope you can find answers and some sort of happiness! You can find friendly voices here![smilie=hi ya!.gif]

tahoebigbear likes this.
  3. Delilah Rae
    Chat with Me

Delilah Rae Where secret desires become realities

I'm really glad you posted this! I'm actually a trauma informed sex provider so I actually do a lot of work with folks on things just like this. I'll reach out in a PM also but I wanted to comment here too so you and others know that there's lots of people to talk to.

4. Jim DiGriz
    Chat with Me

Jim DiGriz Well-Known Member

I'm concerned with this, so am going to advise caution. On the one hand you speak of needing to talk to someone without receiving feedback or instruction from them, which is why you're against using a therapist. But you also imply that this hurts so deeply that it's the reason people specifically seek therapy.

I'm not remotely qualified as a therapist and so won't reply further on this thread. But before you proceed, please consider carefully whether you need therapy or whether you need a person of no particular qualifications to listen to you.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2021

5. Hi sweetheart. I understand taking the power out of something that haunts you by getting it out in the open. By saying it out loud and having someone there to hear and look at it with a different set of eyes, a different perspective. Sometimes that is all it takes.

I must admit I, myself, sought some counsel last year about an issue I just could not let go .....

The advice I got was to rewrite the story I was telling myself. Rewrite it to where I was not the victim. And man I gotta tell ya. That is just about the best advice that I use now for myself and with friends and family too.

How do you propose we talk honey? Are you willing to come here and spend time with me so I can listen and be that ear for you?

foreverman and Built tough like this.
  6. KikiLover
    Chat with Me

KikiLover ♛ Middle Eastern Princess ♛

By no means am I a therapist, I provide a sexual experience to individuals looking for a fun time.. but I’m a great listener. I often find myself being told way too personal things in my sessions with my clients. I have lots of clients who’s partner just passed or other devastating life things.. and I am good at trying to make them feel better. If you need someone to talk to I’m always here for you. Email me: [email protected]

7. Niceguy Eddie
    Chat with Me

Niceguy Eddie Well-Known Member

What is a "Trauma informed sex provider"? thanks, and keep up the good work.

8. Delilah Rae
    Chat with Me

This is a fantastic question! So I have two 4 year degrees that are basically in trauma and how it can have ripple effects into every part of our lives, including our sex lifes. I'm also a CNA or a nurses assistant and a sexual health educator. I work with a WIDE range of people who have had something traumatic happen to them that then impacts their sex lives. A few examples are folks who've become physically disabled or had their ability levels change- such as a car accident causing some kind of paraplegia, veterans whose PTSD, depression, anxiety or other mental health concerns have caused negative impact on their sexual lives and with sexual assault survivors who want or need a safe, educated space, to explore what healthy sex looks like for them.

My disclaimer is I'm not a therapist and to obviously differ to a care team but I do create a safe and educated space for people to exist and rediscover what healthy, fullfilling sex looks like for them.

9. Delilah Rae
    Chat with Me

And you know- have naughty naked fun with lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. I wish you peace and wellness/

Built tough likes this.
  11. foreverman
    Chat with Me

foreverman Well-Known Member

A long time ago, I got the chance to see a therapist for 10 sessions. I had an issue I was dealing with and she really helped me see what was the cause. It isn't easy dealing with a problem, but getting help is a real good start. Never be afraid to reach out.

father-g and Delilah Rae like this.