Here’s what happened to me

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Old Nick, Aug 25, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

Old Nick Well-Known Member

I came close to respraining my ankle on a night when it was reminding me I injured it months earlier. Fortunately that didn’t happen.

I think my heart has gotten used to the fact that the divorce was final the first part of September and back in the single mindset. Now I’m horny all the time. I gotta stop thinking about you ladies while I’m at work, coz I wear sweatpants at work these days, and I don’t need a boner popping up at the wrong time. LOL

I’m also resisting the urge to go to strip clubs. This should be easy as I live in Utah, and our strip clubs suck for the most part.

iigreatoneii likes this.
  2. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

I haven’t posted in this thread for a while.

As many of you know, Amazon gave me the boot, but now, as of today, I start my regular shift at Lifetime. They’re well known for making those plastic folding tables everyone has. They also make seats, canoes and basketball stands. I had orientation yesterday, and today, I meet my supervisor, and I start training. I hope this lasts longer than Amazon.

What I really wanna do is go into business for myself. But what could I do? What does everybody want? What does everybody need?

Fozzie and JerryVestal like this.
  3. JerryVestal
    Chat with Me

JerryVestal Well-Known Member

I'm glad you have a new job, buddy, I hope you like it!

Old Nick likes this.
  4. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

4AF8EC8D-469A-4685-B25F-273D6D61D69C.jpeg

My name badge. I hope this lasts longer than Amazon.

JerryVestal likes this.
  5. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

1F6A280E-9D20-4FCE-882E-AF07E563A3A4.jpeg

Speaking of Amazon...

This is literally the management of the FC I worked at.

6. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

It’s been a full year since my sprain! Facebook reminded me of it, coz I posted “Ow! Ow! Ow!” around that time last year.

7. hikino
    Chat with Me

hikino Well-Known Member

Dude, this is the picture of management in a lot of places I worked at, too! Sometimes, I think it's a requirement for the job.

Old Nick likes this.
  8. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

I’m of the mind my old bosses at the city lived in a fantasy world. When the day started, my supervisor, Ryan, asked me if I finished pressure spraying one of the pavilions, and the washer was still filling up. I imagine he was jumping for joy when I had to resign. He’s been wanting to get rid of me for a long time. Ryan is the parks superintendent now.

9. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

So far, I’m enjoying it. I’m getting good at cutting into the plastic, and I’m not dying at the end of my shift.

Why didn’t I do this sooner? I’m a dork. LOL

10. hikino
    Chat with Me

hikino Well-Known Member

Huh, Ryan sounds like the embodiment of the old saying we had in the Army Guard: F*ck up to move up.

In fact, he reminds me of a joke we have down here regarding our local county parks department.

The mayor wanted to check on his new parks beautification project, which involved planting trees. So he goes to the biggest park in town, and sees two guys working, going around the perimeter of the park. One guy was digging a hole, and following 5 minutes behind him, the other guy filled up the hole. The mayor watched this in shock for a few minutes and then just couldn't contain himself. "STOP!" he yelled to the workers. "Why are you digging a hole, and 5 minutes later, he's filling it back up?" he demanded to the lead worker. The lead worker replied, "Oh, the guy who plants the tree called in sick."

Old Nick likes this.
  11. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

I learned something interesting.

My mom asked me to order The Last Starfighter from Amazon, and I found out that my 10% discount didn’t expire with my employment.

Hmm...I think I’ll ride that wave out.

JerryVestal and RunningSquirrel like this.
  12. JerryVestal
    Chat with Me

I would use it, since they screwed you, buddy.

Old Nick likes this.
  13. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

Today sucks.

I don’t spread this around, but I suffer from Chron’s disease. When I got fired from Amazon, I lost my insurance, so that screwed me medically. I still had a month of my meds left, and I was on my way to Lifetime. Sadly, shortly after getting hired on, I finished the last of my meds. I went without until today, because my new insurance starts in October, and I’m not sure I can wait that long.

Today, without insurance, I bit the bullet and called my meds in. The pharmacist told me my prescription would be $85. I’ll be honest, that’s a lot better than what I was expecting. Still, this should last till then.

As my daughter was at her counseling appointment, I was getting really lightheaded. I called in at work today for the first time at this job. I hate calling in, but health comes first. I should be stronger tomorrow after some rest. Also, got my meds, so in the coming days I should be better.

Amazing how this thread started with me spraining my ankle, and now, we’re talking about my Chron’s disease.

AsiaFoxxx likes this.
  14. JerryVestal
    Chat with Me

Sucks to hear all things you're going through buddy, you're in my prayers and I hope you get better.

Old Nick likes this.
  15. I’m sorry to hear about this, I had to check the date I thought it just happened when I saw it on top of the threads

Old Nick likes this.
  16. Have you tried any of those discount cards at the pharmacy?

Old Nick likes this.
  17. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

I’m not sure my pharmacy has those. I’ve never seen them there.

AsiaFoxxx likes this.
  18. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

Yeah, this was a year ago. But tonight, I felt the old injury throbbing. I thought I was gonna fall over

AsiaFoxxx likes this.
  19. When I get home I’ll take a picture and show you

20. I’m sorry to hear that how are you feeling currently are you ok

Old Nick likes this.
  21. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

Yes. I’m in bed.

....................:::...

AsiaFoxxx likes this.
  22. Mmmm lol I like ..... I like!!

Jessie Summers and Old Nick like this.
  23. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

I’d rather be in your bed. ;):)

24. JerryVestal
    Chat with Me

Hope you feel better, brother. the cards Miss Asia Foxx is talking about is the "Good RX" card and "Single Care " card, if you pharmacy doesn't have it, check your doctor's office, they should have the free cards there. All pharmacies mostly accepts them.

25. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

I downloaded the Good RX app onto my phone. It looks like one pharmacy near me has a good deal on my meds.

26. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

Oh...and here’s a late update I meant to share earlier.

My Amazon discount is now gone.

27. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

Let’s bump this thread, shall we?

Yesterday, my boss brought me my “one year” certificate. A year at Lifetime! Can you believe it?

My manager asked me months back if I’d be interested in mentoring new hires. I jumped right at it. I have so far trained two trainees, but sadly, they decided that Lifetime wasn’t their cup of tea and vanished soon after. So not only do I have no luck in dating, I have no luck in trainees that stick around. Maybe the next few.

About the only thing I’m really lacking in is kaizens. Those are for improving the floor, either in safety or other things. I did do a great one and put numbers on the cages of machines people were confused on. A month later, they were officially numbered.

So far, I’m loving Lifetime.

Lunch Buffett and JerryVestal like this.
  28. JerryVestal
    Chat with Me

No worries buddy, things will get better at the job site, I am sure you'll get new trainees that will love the new place of employment, and hopefully this whole covid-19 will be over soon so the Ranches will be open up! Bee Positive! Sorry, poor pun, but you gotta laugh a little.

Old Nick likes this.
  29. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

Lately, my ankle has been reminding me I sprained it two years ago. I might have to shop for a new brace.

30. Lunch Buffett
    Chat with Me

Lunch Buffett Well-Known Member

Congratulations for completing one year at Lifetime!

Old Nick likes this.
  31. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

Update: I have now had four trainees. One didn’t even begin training. The other was a total flake. I didn’t get a chance to finish training him when I was asked if I wanted to join the labor force. Now, the labor force is a voluntary thing at work. I still get my pay, but for the time being, I’m working in a different department, and I love a break from plastics. I heard from a buddy of mine to whom I’m now a ride home that my latest trainee went to lunch and never came back. All of my trainees are a testament of the old adage...you can lead a horse to water, but you can’t make him drink it.

JerryVestal likes this.
  32. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

Thanks. I’m loving the job, and I’m glad they like me.

Lunch Buffett and JerryVestal like this.
  33. JerryVestal
    Chat with Me

Nick, those trainees leaving are on themselves, not you, you're a great guy and a hard worker!

Old Nick likes this.
  34. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

I try to be a fun mentor. Maybe I should add some Yoda to it. Then again, a good idea, probably not. Annoying, it would be.

I know it’s not my fault if they jet. That job is not for everyone. I’m there coz I need the job.

JerryVestal likes this.
  35. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

I need to add as far as trainees go, I now have a success story!

I trained this dude who spent most of his life in Texas, showing him the basics, sharing my techniques for working the parts. Training went quick as he picked right up on it. To date, he is still there.

One of my friends who is a trainer tells me that you’ll go through a lot of candidates before you get someone that sticks around. I do remember in the group I was in when I started, there were five of us. In the end, it was just me and this girl of that same group that are still there.

This job isn’t for everyone, but it’s definitely for me.

JerryVestal likes this.