Hard of hearing

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Mickey_St_James, Nov 19, 2018.

1. I am profoundly deaf, but get by on what hearing I have and reading lips, body language and facial expressions. I was recently a bit frustrated to find I could not hear well enough on the phone and struggled to figure out a way to make a reservation/pay deposit for an overnight out-date.

I know there used to be a form that could be filled out - I couldn't seem to find it any where. Is there some way cashiers and clients can communicate by text? It sure would've helped me out.

Thanks
    Mickey St. James

Perseus likes this.
  2. Perseus
    Chat with Me

Perseus Well-Known Member

What? Can't hear you. Speak up! (only half kidding as my hearing is also slowly degrading, especially in my right ear). The appointment / deposit should be able to be made entirely online, no need to call. It's not that much to add that function (web form) to the ranch websites or this forum. There is really no need to call and read off numbers these days.

RunningSquirrel likes this.
  3. 59FenderSuper
    Chat with Me

59FenderSuper Well-Known Member

I'm also quite deaf, though not as deaf as you are, at least in my left ear. My right ear has meniere's disease and can hear very little. 45 years of crash cymbals, man.