Ways To Better Organize the Boards So Things Are More Coherent And Not A Hassle To Look At?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by KittiMinx, Dec 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. When a group, any group, gets a large enough amount of people in it whether in real life or online - rules must be put in place and enforced. Even new rules if there's an increase in numbers or something goes on that enough people have issue with. It's part of life and part of socializing. They can either live with it or leave and find somewhere else to do things the change of rules won't allow. I'd like to think we're all mature adults here.

ChicagoBob likes this.
  2. QTo
    Chat with Me

QTo Well-Known Member

Not sure if this will help you, but I see the descriptions only when I hover over the link to the boards, I see what Ruby screenshot.

3. crumbie
    Chat with Me

crumbie Active Member

let me clarify my suggestion about the review house subforums. as I think people are over thinking this. and using Ruby as the example as above..
    if a party with Ruby happens at the Love Ranch North, that's where the the review should be. if Ruby happens to get called over to the Bunny Ranch for a two girl with ???, then the review should be placed over at the BR. it's that simple.
    if at some point, Ruby starts working at the Alien Cathouse, there's no need to move all her reviews to the ACH board, leave them where they are.
    I'm sure she's capable of linking to them if she so chooses (as all the other ladies are) to a master thread if that's what she wants to do

I know it's appealing to have all the reviews all in one place, but it just makes it a mess and confusing.
    for example at one point I was looking for reviews for Ariana Heart. needless to say I never found one, reviewers don't always have good titles, or maybe I just wasn't thinking that day and didn't use the search function, or maybe she just didn't have one at that time, but I looked through pages and pages until I gave up.
    putting the reviews in a house subforum would cut the number of threads I had to look through by a lot
    there's this nifty new feature called likes (like facebook or twitter, omg what an idea!) that can be used to signify that one has read and acknowledged a post without actually commenting on it. as it's been mentioned a few times already, a lot of us are tired of the simple phrases some of the ladies use to boost their post count like "awesome deal" and "sexy pics!" that add nothing to the conversation. this goes for some super fans as well... commenting on every single picture a lady posts with some iteration of 'sexy' is annoying as well. we get it.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2015
  4. chyrh
    Chat with Me

chyrh Active Member

I am going to bring up another perspective on this subject. I certainly could be wrong about the Forum's functionality so feel free to correct me if I am but I believe how the Forums work is nothing like Facebook or Twitter. If you "like" something on Facebook, it shows the post on your friends home page/newsfeed so it "bumps" the post to make it visible to others or you have the option to post something to your own or your friend's timeline to make it visible. Likes on Twitter merely show under the users Notifications so posts on Twitter must be "Retweeted" in order for a "bump" of the post to occur to your followers. Both Facebook and Twitter rely on people sharing/retweeting to make posts go "viral".

The only way to "bump" a post on the Ranch's Forums to make it more likely to be found is for someone to comment on the post so it goes back to the top of the Forum's feed. Is the spam or the simple phrases merely a way for the ladies to keep their own posts or other ladies posts active? If a lady is running a special for Summer/Winter/certain month or has a post with her photos or whatever the topic is and everyone just "likes" the post, it will not be long before this post gets lost in the shuffle. There are almost 5000 discussions on the General Forums for the Bunny Ranch alone so it is not a surprise that things disappear so quickly. How do you keep a post active for member to see if you are merely going to "like" them?

EagleRider and grizzly like this.
  5. crumbie
    Chat with Me

crumbie Active Member

you're absolutely correct, sir, but, the bumping behaviour is something that THIS whole thread is trying to address and discourage. the way I see it, right now, it's more of a competition (without being a real competition) to see who can keep their threads at the top to try and get noticed, to try and get that next client. I keep seeing the same posts bumped day in and day out with no real contribution to them... it's annoying and discouraging me, and I'm sure others, from even engaging with these offending parties.
    Good or bad, a thread should live or die by it's own merits. a good thread will thrive, and a not so interesting thread will quietly die and we should let them die.
    with a better organized forum, the ladies and their super fans won't, hopefully, feel the need to continually bump their advertisement threads, as they'll stay on the front page (of the board it's supposed to be on) for a long time and all they'd need to do to bump it is to update it.

6. chyrh
    Chat with Me

chyrh Active Member

Which are reasons that I use the boards like I do by just following those ladies that I have made some sort of a connection with (or someone that I some sort of interest in) and checking out their Recent Activities. Just an idea for the administrators/creators of the boards, why not make it where ONLY the ladies can post messages in their own "Profile Posts" tab on their Profile Page and they can include links to their Specials or whatever posts they want people to see? If the lady catches a potential client's eye, the client can check out these links from the lady's profile page. I would imagine they would want this to have editable features so the lady can make changes over time and so the listings under this tab wouldn't get too long. This tab could serve as self promotion/advertisement page under each girls own profile (kind of similar to the Bio pages on the main site) so they wouldn't have to "bump" their posts all the time. At the same time, this would also be a way for people who have joined the boards to find out more detailed information about the girls.

ChicagoBob likes this.
  7. ChicagoBob
    Chat with Me

ChicagoBob Well-Known Member

[QUOTE="RachelVarga, Bumping it to the top doesn't do anything to help it but you can't tell anyone that. They have been doing it so long that they think it works. Imagine how well the Ranch would do if people didn't do that. It's just typical selfish behavior. [/QUOTE]

I will actually AVOID ladies that spam the boards. I don't think they realize how pathetic they look when they do it. To me, it is nothing but a big turn off.

roxanneprice likes this.
  8. I mostly follow and respond to threads by the ladies that interest me the most, or at least put some thought into their threads.

I was wondering about something that has nothing to do with spamming the boards. Is it possible to allow for more time to edit a message sent during a conversation? I was trying to edit something I sent, and the board told me the time allowed for editing a message had expired (or something along those lines).

9. I agree that the Follow feature on these boards is perfect for clients and potential clients to follow the girls they're interested in - less need for the spamming and bumping of posts. By following they can see the posts the girls they like make and response accordingly. And as stated above, the boards now have a Like feature similar to other social media platforms so again - no real need to spam/bump threads with useless posts when someone can just "like" them. Same can be said for girls when it comes to reviews. They can "like" the review and then message the guy privately. It's more intimate for the client and doesn't clutter the forum! I think these are things that really, really need to be clearly pointed out as things to be utilized and tell people that they are actually more effective than spamm-I mean posting a lot.

As for the time to edit a message, I agree - is there a way to extend it? Sometimes I take a while or I get distracted and I go to edit and I can't anymore.

10. Slugushi
    Chat with Me

Slugushi Well-Known Member

Are there any ideas on what to do about people that use alternate accounts as well? We are already seeing this going on now and wouldn't the new posting rules encourage even more of it?
    As far as following only certain ladies, that's fine if it works for you, but for me I like to see what the majority of members are posting. It's mostly the walls of spam that put me off and there are maybe like a handful of people doing that.

You know, I'd really like to think so too but I know better. If it were truly the case we wouldn't have much need for this topic, right?
    I just don't have much confidence in people being able to take the high road or to be considerate of others. There always seems to be a few of those buggers lurking about.

11. torontoral
    Chat with Me

torontoral Well-Known Member

In my eyes, the purpose of this Board is for the numerous ladies of the Dennis Hof-owned establishments to advertise their availability, which is extra tough because there's no other real way of advertising, even though the rising popularity of such social media outlets as Twitter, Instagram, etc., has made it a little easier.

And I agree, some people are exploiting that opportunity. I'd like to think that I'm not one who abuses the privilege. I champion Remy Martin because I think she's amazing and because so few others post on her behalf. I try not to get too carried away, posting once in awhile, and I try to provide content that's a little bit different, although it may only be a change in pic rather than words (i.e. my current 10-day promo thread, which basically offers new and fave 2015 photos of her). She isn't able to post as much as she would like, so I try to post some stuff for her whenever I'm able. By the way, I get no compensation for this. I'm doing it because when I started on the boards in 2007, Remy was one of the first spectacular women whose picture I saw on the board, and when she returned, I volunteered to help out.

But obviously, there are some that super saturate their presence - which I agree, is a tremendous turn-off - but many of the girls aren't even posting their own threads, they're hiring someone to do it. I'm not sure what the job entails in terms of payment, but if they have a quota they need to reach, maybe they get some sort of bonus. But if some of these Bunnies would take the reigns again and write their own posts, that might result in some decent quality control.

Freaky, I know you've worked hard on this, but I'm not crazy about the Board design. I look at all the threads and it looks like a cluster: all the same, and a lot of work to get in and out of. I open a forum and I see 35 threads and my eyes glaze over. Is there any way to make them a little more warm and distinctive?

One more suggestion: Is there any link that can be provided or inserted into posts that take you back to some of those Forums' main galleries, because that visual disconnect is probably hurting business more than the amount of multiple-postings going on.

I used to be able to look at the galleries to tell who was new and who wasn't, but now it's even more difficult to keep track of who is where, especially when Suzette and Dennis either don't have the time - or aren't taking it - to update each Ranch lineup.

It just needs to be made a little more simple than it is.

Respectfully,

Torontoral

12. Seconding Rachel on harnessing the powers of Social Media. As technology and the Internet evolves one must adapt along with it. I still like to use the boards to make detailed posts and interact but with the Lineup Sections hardly ever updated (especially for AC and LRV) , the mass floods of posts and cross posts, and the lurking stress that comes with posting something one spent a great deal of time and effort on only to know it'll soon be buried under threads made with far less heart - thus the likelihood of board members aside from followers seeing it not super high - it gets to be a bit much, even for me.

As for board layout settings I've seen options for thread display when you click on a board at the bottom of the page. But if none of those options are workable there should definitely be talks about increases in accessibility. Surprisingly, I have pretty severe vision impairments so it's why I primarily use the boards on my computer's browser where I can zoom in and adjust as much as I can to suite my comfort level. Having more accessibility options for those with vision difficulties or sensory processing (i.e. Have it so only 7 threads show per page when a board is clicked with stickies being hide able - as clocking a board and seeing a mass amount of threads even after the stickies can be overwhelming to someone with such an issue on top of it already being a bit of an eyesore and bother to those who don't have to deal with that sort of problem). As a provider who markets one's self as being Accessible it'd be great to promote the boards as being Accessible as well to perhaps better attract more members who are clients or potential clients.

When I use the app on my phone to post I often rely on the speech-to-text function my phone has as typing on a small screen with a small font wears on me fairly quickly ( so yeah hence why I hardly post from my phone! I use it when I don't have quick easy access to my computer ).

As for the seeming lack of "attention" paid to the LRV and AC boards, Lineups Boards included, perhaps adding board specific moderators who work those houses to be made in charge with keeping up with those things? I know Shauna is in charge of LRV and AC and a little birdie told me she's going to be getting training sometime soon up North to learn to manage the houses the way Suzette does hers. But one person shouldn't be relied on to be on top of those things especially if they already have a basketful of non-board related Ranch responsibilities. It makes it super easy to let things slip by to the point where things go back to graveyard mode. As it is currently, AC and LRV don't have someone of Suzette's caliber with all her know how and experience yet to handle things the way she does with the Northern ranches. Definitely soon! But not currently. Hence why the suggestion of board specified moderators to keep information for those houses up to date and have a handle on things until then was made.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kiteh Kawasaki™ likes this.
  13. There's a lot to this board I'm still learning, and a lot I like about it. The alert feature lets me know, without having to fish through threads, when a lady has responded/made comment to my post on her particular thread. I believe most of the ladies I've come in contact with know when I get active on the boards I'm getting ready to road trip, so I like that feature and the follow feature. The thing I don't care for, like the spamming the board's certain forums, is when another member/dude answers for the lady I'm trying to illicit a response from. I like you guys, and there's convo/chat to talk to me, but I'm wanting to get to know the lady I'm interested in the best I can through a little flirtation ;).
    A few years back a lady member, Kelf, posted quite often and is popular on the boards. The way I liked how she handled her posts was that she posted to ALL threads pretty equally and interacted when people interacted with her. Always had something of substance to say, I miss her, she was/is as classy as they come. I mention this because as a member we have to be conscious of our posts. Quality and quantity can go hand-in-hand, but quality first. I'm most of the time, probably failing, trying to put forth some dry humor in my posts. Answering other people's posts and posting just to get into the thousands of posts in a few months can take away from some of us and our interest participating on the boards.

14. Orion
    Chat with Me

Orion Active Member

I don't think anyone is reading these boards because all this can stop with one simple action. Dennis just tells them to stop. This won't happen because I don't think he understands how it works or he thinks it's just a few complaining. Take the number of girls total and divide and subtract the 2 worst offenders and what do you have? All the others that aren't using it anymore.

That means most of the girls have no way to get their message out! This results in turnover but I guess those two or three girls must make all the money because they get to do whatever they want.

15. Orion
    Chat with Me

Orion Active Member

They are clueless. I spoke to Grizzly myself and he says that the other girls need to just get to work and post more. Imagine that, he said you girls need to get to posting more. He says he doesn't see it as overposting. I'm not coming to the Bunny Ranch anymore because why should I give half of the money I give to a girl to the house when the house thinks people like him are okay?

16. kaynine26
    Chat with Me

kaynine26 Well-Known Member

The spamming is one of the reasons I have been struggling with whether or not I even want to be a part of the message board anymore, or visit the ranches. Whether its just posting the same cut-and-paste post on 50 threads, or posting 10 threads on every ranch forum, its just frustrating to come on here and the abuse of the system takes away from my desire to post oftentimes.

The other reason is negative threads that discourage certain groups of people from visiting the ranches, like the "I prefer older men" threads. Some of the posts on those threads are so biased against the younger patrons of the ranches that I am surprised they haven't asked Dennis to raise the minimum age requirement for visiting (don't think he would, since he would lose business). Correct me if I'm wrong, but shouldn't the message board be more inclusive for anyone and everyone interested in visiting the ranches?

17. BaronRandoVJ
    Chat with Me

BaronRandoVJ Well-Known Member

Orion, et al : I have spoken with Grizzly myself and I don't think he is clueless just misunderstood. He genuinely likes Caressa and simply wants to help her by making as many folks as possible know about her. Some may think his methods "clueless" because he doesn't understand his impact on the other ladies; I believe it is simply that he is focused on the one lady that he knows and can post honestly about. I think it a bit unfair to question his intent and motives when he is posting honestly.

I myself have become friends with Caressa through an exchange of messages, though have yet to party with her. I have posted frequently on her as I think that there is so much more to her than pretty pictures. It is these qualities which hooked me on her and I try through my posts to encourage others to check out this side of her. Some of my recent posts have had a humorous bent (at least I hope so) in an attempt to highlight her fabulous sense of humor. I do read threads of other ladies and do try to comment intelligently on them when I feel I can. I might appear to be spamming for Caressa; I'm not, it's just that I have a relationship with her and tend to follow threads about her and can make a contribution to them.

I'm posting all this to encourage those making new rules to take these concepts into account in any new rules. While I applaud any changes that are aimed at fairness, I just want them to be practical as well. From a client's perspective I would not rules that are too restrictive for us in contributing posts where we have something we believe is of value to the free discussion of ideas.

I am not trying to start a flame war with this post, just express my opinion which I'm sure differs from,many. I do respect all those who have expressed their opinion on this matter. I hope that we all understand that reasonable people can disagree. I think we all do have common ground in supporting fair, balanced, and workable changes to these forums. I include myself among those supporting change and just feel that the decision-makers need to hear from all perspectives. There may not be a dimple single solution to this issue, it may take several iterations of incremental changes to really get it right but dome improvements in the right direction is needed.

grizzly likes this.
  18. Folks...just wanted to express I have the new rules from Dennis and Suzette and all of the above have been taken into account...I'm sorry it's taken longer than expected but based on what I'm seeing in the rules it should make the boards better for all and used how they should be used...keep watch over the next couple days

grizzly likes this.
  19. I'm "formally" writing them up and will make a post shortly

crumbie and grizzly like this.
  20. If the new rules are effective and there's actual change - not gonna lie, this is totally how I'd react:

[​IMG]

21. crimson
    Chat with Me

crimson Just a random guy

Ok - this thread has gotten off topic. We've had a massive rules change occur over the weekend which should address a number of the original concerns of the original topic.

But as the thread has started to call out and attack specific individuals, I've deleted the offending post, and will be locking the thread. In the future, report spammers via the report feature and mods will take a look at their posting habits. I will not stop this topic from being recreated in another thread, but do request it stays on topic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.