New Board Training Idea - Thoughts and Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by BunnyRanch, Dec 29, 2015.

1. At the suggestion of a board member - I was wondering what everyone thought about holding a couple of "Webinar" training sessions about the features of the new boards. I could schedule a few times to hold them where people could attend to learn the features of the boards (for anyone that wishes to attend).

There would be screen sharing for your computer and a conference # to call into (although it may not be productive to allow everyone to talk - listen only)

Ideas? Thoughts?

Freaky

KittiMinx and grizzly like this.
  2. origlegman
    Chat with Me

origlegman Well-Known Member

Great idea!!! You have my vote.[smilie=happy.gif]

3. That's exactly what I was thinking....I was actually thinking about doing a few sessions spread over a couple days and different times (morning and evening as well as weekday/weekend - then recording them as well and uploading them.

These would be in addition to the message board how to videos that already exist. If anyone that is reading them hasn't already viewed them - PLEASE go look at them under "Posting Ettiquite and Instructions"!

Freaky

grizzly likes this.
  4. Docrocker
    Chat with Me

Docrocker Well-Known Member

Great idea Freaky. I'm still "bare bones" with the new boards and this would be a great help.

grizzly likes this.
  5. That is a great idea for those who are not only less computer and internet savvy, but don't really know how to work forums and they're more used to "modern" social media like Facebook and Twitter. You have my vote! If you'd like help with it hit me up!

6. Orion
    Chat with Me

Orion Active Member

Forums are easy so there is no need to train. You might want to train some of the girls to stop hogging everything though. I never see anyone new because of the same people over and over on the front page with the same people over and over posting.

How can you guys let this happen to your girls?

7. That would be wonderful Freaky!

8. crumbie
    Chat with Me

crumbie Active Member

I really hate to have to say this, but I am going to echo Orion and say that these forums are not that hard to operate. I know some people haven't been around message boards as long as others but still, all it takes is time. If you've got time to bump threads (and yes, there are still rampant bumpers, I see you and you're doing a fine job of making sure I don't see your girl), you've got time to figure stuff out.

9. BaronRandoVJ
    Chat with Me

BaronRandoVJ Well-Known Member

I think it would be impossible to meet everyone's schedule, so it would be good to record a session where someone could the watch at their own convenience, maybe supplemented by a q&a board

grizzly likes this.