Favorite Movie

Discussion in 'World Famous BunnyRanch Forum (Carson City)' started by willowlove, May 5, 2015.

1. willowlove
    Chat with Me

willowlove Well-Known Member

" I don't think I'm as dumb as you think that I thought I once was" Oh man I can't even say it hahaha

2. willowlove
    Chat with Me

That doesn't surprise me! You totally have the look!

3. I really like: Shall we Dance?

4. willowlove
    Chat with Me

That is such a sweet movie!!! And Richard Gere dancing is just [smilie=hot over you.gif]

5. GezabelleSinclaire
    Chat with Me

GezabelleSinclaire The girl you always Fantasized about

I'm putting together my ideas for my next tattoo which is going to be characters from the movie! It's about time I finish my sleeve!!! Which means Tattoo Fund specials!!

6. willowlove
    Chat with Me

Guys now is the time to book Gezabelle and help her finish her awesome tattoo!!!

7. StevenL
    Chat with Me

StevenL Active Member

hmmm...this has to go by categories:

Comedy: The Birdcage
    Horror: The Dead series...Night of the Living Dead (2nd version), Dawn of the Dead (both versions, but 2nd is a little better), Land of the Dead
    Drama: The Hurt Locker (Ive only seen it once because, well, its one long trigger for me)
    War: Saving Private Ryan (the special effects were the most accurate I have ever seen (first time I saw it was with my grandfather who crossed Omaha Beach on D Day with B Co 1/16th Infantry...it was the first time he watched a WW2 movie without critiquing its realism)
    Western: The Outlaw Josey Wales and Big Jake
    SciFi: The Avengers (puny god)

8. willowlove
    Chat with Me

These are all really good choices, and that's amazing that your grandpa thought it was accurate, having been there!

9. Star Wars 7 the force awakens

;);)[smilie=happy.gif][smilie=hi ya!.gif]

10. willowlove
    Chat with Me

I need to take a day to watch them in order 1 through 7 :D

shadow112950 likes this.
  11. cumishaamado
    Chat with Me

cumishaamado THE ULTIMATE PSE AND I LOVE TEACHING VIRGINS

I love the "Notebook":[smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=hi ya!.gif][smilie=hot over you.gif]

12. ROADRUNNER J
    Chat with Me

ROADRUNNER J Well-Known Member

I love "The Big Chill". I can relate to it for many reasons. First, I went to U of M and had friends as diverse as those in the movie. Second, I experienced the sadness of someone close to me committing suicide (my oldest brother, back in 2006). Finally, the movie has one of the greatest soundtracks of all time. I could just watch the movie for the music!

13. willowlove
    Chat with Me

I'm very sorry about your brother. Still, those are great reasons to like a movie, but I think one of the best soundtracks is Donnie Darko :D:D

14. ROADRUNNER J
    Chat with Me

ROADRUNNER J Well-Known Member

Touche, Willow! I can't argue with your choice, especially since it comes from such an intelligent and beautiful woman.

15. My all time favorite is "The Phantom of the Opera". Not just because of the songs but because a part of me identifies with the Phantom (whose actual name is "Erik" but neither the movie nor the stage musical ever mentioned that. The novel did, though) so much. The reason for this is kind of a long (and kind of sad) story.

This is hard for me to say, so I'll write it (or type it) instead ;): all throughout high school (never went to prom b/c nobody said "yes") and college, I never really had a girl friend. Girls never really hung out or talked with me. This continued after college until now. In a way, it's not that bad because by not having a lover, I kind of managed to save up quite a bit of money. Actually, I saved up a lot of money (that's what happens when you don't have a girlfriend to spend it on :p). Sorry... just had to put that in.

Anyway, I decided to go to a few matchmaking services and altogether, I ended up spending (I kid you not) close to $10,000 in almost two years. It failed miserably :-( . I tried going to speed dating events and I think altogether, I had like a hundred rejections ("no") and... 1 "yes". I e-mailed that "yes" (if someone says "yes" to you in the speed dating events I went, the company sends you that person's e-mail) and...

Guess what?

It appears that sole "yes" was from someone from the company! As it turns out... if someone gets a whole bunch of "no's" (like me), either the owner (who's a guy) or a co-worker pretends to be an interested person and sends them a yes with a "fake e-mail". I guess it's a way to make that person that got rejected 1,755,935 not feel like a loser.

So, anyway, after all that, I actually decided to go spend a couple of days at a brothel! Yes... a brothel! I won't say which brothel or go into too many details but let's just say that the two days I spent there, none of the girls even hung out with me and I had three girls say a total of three sentences to me (each said a sentence). It was a couple years ago, but I still remember these sentences:

(1) "Oops... excuse me, honey." (as I was walking into the restaurant/bar, I almost bumped into her).

(2) "Are you okay?" (she saw I nearly tripped walking).

(3) "We can give love, too!" (I asked the lady at the front desk if they're open Christmas. She said they are open 365 days a year and that's when the courtesan made that statement).

So, anyway, going back to the "Phantom of the Opera", I do king of identify with the Phantom... a guy whose lonely, shunned by everyone (and even Christine kind of shuns him if not for his music) for something that's not his fault.

This is why this last scene was soooo touching for me (I cried when I first saw it):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TguKLHQxmmY

I guess it's because I imagined myself as the Phantom in this scene and... I would probably react the same way he did.

Sorry. I know this post is about "favorite movies", but I kind of had to explain why for me, "The Phantom of the Opera" probably will always be my all time favorite.

Probably second on the list is "Coyote Ugly". Loved the songs, the dancing and the fun girls.

*** I'm actually making plans to return to Las Vegas near the winter. Mainly because I love the food (great buffet and the world class steak houses are awesome :D), but I haven't ruled out making a trip and spending a couple of days at a brothel again. I might go to the same one or a different one. Actually, because the food near the area of the brothel was cheap (and extremely delicious... probably as good or better than most of the restaurants on the strip :D ) and I didn't get to party or tour with any of the courtesans, I ended up saving quite a bit of money... until I got back to the strip, of course ;) ;).

16. LoverOfWomen
    Chat with Me

LoverOfWomen Well-Known Member

My Fav movie is "A Few Good Men" !!! [smilie=happy.gif]