DENNIS HOF SPEAKING AT OXFORD UNIVERSITY

Discussion in 'Dennis Hof and Madam Suzette' started by MadamSuzette, May 19, 2012.

1. Dennis is speaking at Oxford University in London on May 17th.
    He will join the historical figures who also have spoke at Oxford
    Just some of the monumental people whom have spoke are,

US Presidents Richard Nixon, Jimmy Carter and Ronald Reagan and the UK Prime Ministers Winston Churchill, Margaret Thatcher . Mother Teresa, US Attorney General and Senator Robert Kennedy, former US Secretary of State Madeline Albright. Albert Einstein
    Lord Randolph Churchill
    just to name a few

2. To the honorable Mayor Boris Johnson-

I would like to personally congratulate you on your reelection, and wish you the best of success with the upcoming London Olympics and The Queen’s Diamond Jubilee. I have been given the honor of speaking at The Oxford Union on May 17th, and I look forward to spending time in London during my stay in The UK.

I am the owner of The Moonlite Bunny Ranch in Carson City, Nevada, known as America’s preeminent legal brothel. I also own 25% of the brothels in Nevada, and for ten seasons I have been the subject of HBO’s “Cathouse” series. I have been asked to speak at Oxford on the subject of legalizing prostitution, and while there I would like to request the opportunity to speak in person with you as well. As I’m sure that you are aware, London will no doubt be flooded with illegal forms of prostitution and unseemly vice during the time that the eyes of the world are on this summer’s Olympic Games. My sources tell me that between the Albanian mob, North African gangsters and others, they plan to traffic upwards of 1,000 girls, which will lead to other forms of violent crimes. Every few years, the host city of The Olympics endeavors to “clean up” their vices by rounding up and pushing prostitutes to the city’s outer limits. In the process, that municipal government’s well intentioned efforts to eradicate the world’s oldest profession becomes folly as the unintended results inadvertently place its’ control into the hands of gangsters, drug dealers and murderers. It’s a strategic miscalculation that is repeated time and time again in the futile hope of an outcome different than all of those that have come before.

In the interest of reversing this historically dismal track record of crime reduction, I would like to propose and offer to facilitate a bold alternative. In the spirit of “the special relationship” that my country enjoys with yours, I would like to request a one time 30 day license to operate a temporary “Bunny Ranch” brothel in London. Prostitutes will be tested and verified to be disease free, a secure drug free building will be maintained to eliminate the presence of any criminal element, and the considerable tax revenue generated will greatly benefit your citizens. I would of course be happy to pay whatever licensing fees would be necessary. What a forward thinking example this would be to the rest of the world as to how to truly fight crime by taking away any black market value that the criminal enjoys.

While I am in London, I plan to tour London’s White Chapel District, and the thought is not lost on me that this brave new initiative would serve to show the entire world what a difference 100 years can make.

For ten weeks in 1888, Jack The Ripper terrorized London’s White Chapel District by murdering prostitutes, operating in shadows under the cover of night. The impoverished area was riddled with crime and unsanitary conditions. Had 19th century London instead been populated by legal and regulated brothels, these women would have been protected and verified to be in good health. Instead of discovering horrific crime scenes, the constables who walked those cobble stones would have instead been free to merely check in on legal and well lit businesses, just as they would neighborhood taverns. Taxes gathered from such a business would have provided a financial boon to the area, helping to lift it out of the impoverished conditions that many of its’ residents were subjected to.

Please consider my request to have the honor of meeting with you in person. I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to learn more about England’s position on vice from your perspective, as well as offer my own perspective on Nevada’s very successful history of legalized prostitution.

Sincerely,
    Dennis Hof
    Owner of “The Moonlite Bunny Ranch” & star of HBO’s “Cathouse”
    [email protected]
    (775) 720-9090

3. Daddy D and Cami Look super Sharp!! cant wait to hear how Oxford was when they get back from London!!!

xoxo

Christina

4. ColinSTL
    Chat with Me

ColinSTL Well-Known Member

Congrats Dennis and Cami! We are very, very proud of you! And here's hoping that you'll be able to open a Ranch in London during the Olympics as well!

And thanks very much Suzette for posting Dennis' letter to Mayor Johnson as well. Here's hoping Dennis will be able to operate a Ranch during the Olympics!

Way to represent! Brent and I are very proud to be a part of this incredible community. Safe travels when the both of you come home. :mrgreen:

5. I still think this is so cool did you get video recording?

6. It would be nice but it won't happen. Running a brothel is a criminal offence in the United Kingdom under the Sexual Offences Act which the office of the Mayor of London has no control over. It would require a change to law which would have to be presented to the House of Commons, voted in favour of, then presented to the Lords, voted in favour of and then given Royal Assent by the Queen (although that is just a formality). Would take about two to three years to be pushed through and that's in the unlikely event it would actually be supported.

7. Just like the UK, the Federal government in Canada, Establishes the policies and laws that have to do with criminal law. As it is under federal jurisdiction as defined under article 91 of the Canadian constitution.Only an admendment would change that, I doubt that will happen, as people in Canada are tired of talks of the constitution.

8. A similar situation in the UK, really. Most voters these days are apathetic and have little interest in a political system that simply switches between Labour and Conservative governments and has in the past few years resulted in a Prime Minister that nobody voted for and our current government which did not win the election. I think if everybody gave their honest opinions on the subject, then it would either fall on the side of being in favour of a regulated sex industry, or simply not caring enough one way or the other but as it stands those who do vote are very much against prostitution and since coming to power the government, dominated by the Conservative party for whom London Mayor Boris Johnson is a member, has moved to further restrict prostitution and has talked about criminalising paying for sex.

Scotland, who have political power of their own in matters not deemed to affect the United Kingdom as a whole, presented a bill to the Scottish Parliament to allow for "tolerance zones" for prostitution but the bill failed and instead new criminal offences were created on the client side of prostitution. Even the more socially liberal Labour party have presented bills to try and further criminalise prostitution so I think, until there are sweeping social reforms of attitude in the UK, we're stuck with things the way they are and they may even get much worse.

9. To Mr Dennis Hoff,

I find that quite an interesting proposal. Congratulations on speaking at Oxford University. Looking forward to hearing how this turns out. Enjoy your travels in London. Thank you for sharing all this information with us.

10. I agree with the Comparative Politics majors on this thread. Dennis makes an excellent proposal which solves public health and safety threats but bureaucracy will likely trample it. One day, hopefully....

11. if it works out letting your girls go to europe to play during the olimpics to prevent crime against women, I volunteer myself!

12. nataliaqing
    Chat with Me

nataliaqing Well-Known Member

Very nice! Cami looks beautiful, as always. And, I like the suit you picked, Dennis. [smilie=heart fill with love.gif]

13. dawndlrscashier
    Chat with Me

dawndlrscashier Be Present.. 110%. -Or don't be Present, at all.

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OUTSTANDING LETTER

I hope that Cami and you are having a lovely time.
    YAY!!! YAY!!!

See ya'll soon!!!!!
    :mrgreen:

14. Hello Dennis, hope you and Cami are having a blast in the UK.

And 007 has nothing on you. Keep up the great work!

15. Good CALL

16. Have to laugh really, my blog just got deleted and I've been banned from using a certain UK provider because I dared to post an analytic essay on this subject.

17. thats super Funny!!

18. What an honor Dennis, so proud of you. I heard it turned into a debate though, we all know everyone has their own opinion but what Dennis has done for this industry is amazing and safe. GO Team DENNIS.

19. GO TEAM BUNNY RANCH!!

20. caressakisses
    Chat with Me

caressakisses Caressakisses.com

Hope you and Miss Cami are Living it up :wink: :wink: Missing you Both See you soon :wink: :wink:
    Have a safe trip and see you real soon [smilie=heart fill with love.gif] [smilie=heart fill with love.gif]
    Caressa

21. Have a safe trip home guys. :D

22. wow so glad you guys did this! and i hope your time in england was good! :D shame i dont live around OXFORD :(

23. This is such an amazing and cool opportunity! I hope we get to see some footage of this. :)

24. I CANT WAIT BUNNY RANCH Movie NIGHT!

25. Congrats D, I am so proud of you! You both look amazing!

26. Yayyy Dennis=] very well said love [smilie=heart fill with love.gif]

27. Cant Waait to See Video Footage!!

28. We are all so honored Dennis! [smilie=be mine!.gif]

29. GO DENNIS! WHAT AN HONOR! WE ARE SO BLESSED TO BE HERE AT THE BUNNY RANCH!

30. Very cool!

31. nataliaqing
    Chat with Me

nataliaqing Well-Known Member

So cool to see the two of them spreading the word abroad! :D

32. djames
    Chat with Me

djames Active Member

33. I watched it. Pretty standard form of questioning, particularly given the two conducting the interview are famous for their "safe" brand of presenting, well that and Holly Willoughby has very large breasts... :D

I thought it was a little offensive when a suggestion was made that Cami is in a relationship with Dennis because he's a "65 year old millionaire" but although Cami seemed somewhat taken aback by the suggestion she carried herself well and didn't seem to take great offense to the suggestion, more seemed eager to correct Holly.

To be honest though, although Philip Schofield and Holly didn't seem to go out of their way to be antagonistic they were playing up to their audience demographics, which is largely made up of people who will not support Dennis' business. They talked about emotional problems, the fact that the educated people of Oxford voted against them, the issue of trafficking in Nevada as a form of deflection from trafficking in London, money, and the typical idea that little girls don't wish to grow up to be a prostitute. It's a shame nobody pointed out that most people don't work in the area they dreamed of working as a child. Given the show this was featured on, in fairness, the questioning was fair if not particularly probing and Dennis and Cami gave a good account of themselves.

34. caressakisses
    Chat with Me

caressakisses Caressakisses.com

Welcome Back Daddy D and the Gorgeous Cami Parker can't wait to see U too [smilie=happy.gif] [smilie=happy.gif]

35. Congradulations!!!!!!