BunnyRanch Gives Back

Discussion in 'Dennis Hof and Madam Suzette' started by Dennis Hof, Feb 18, 2014.

1. This thread is for news of what BunnyRanch does for the community.

2. Dayton woman could be "poster patient" for Affordable Care A

Small community reaches out to help with pre-Act medical bills

: Renee Bernard , 53, of Dayton, NV enjoys sitting in the sun with her friend's
    dog.

DAYTON, NV --When 53-year-old Dayton, NV resident, Renee Bernard, found out last fall that
    she was about to fight for her life in a battle against cancer, again, she wasn't too worried about
    the cost, what worried her most was getting aggressive treatment, and getting it as soon as
    possible.

Why should she worry, she has a good job that she loves and good health insurance? It didn't
    take long for her to find out that was only half true: yes, Bernard really does love her teaching
    job and the students at the intermediate school in Dayton, but that "good health insurance" turned
    out to be not-so-good after all.

While many people across the state and nation wrestle with America's health care reform and
    whether or not they want to sign up for a qualified insurance plan, Bernard was wrestling with
    her employer-provided health insurance company that said they won't pay a dime toward her
    medical expenses that are related to cancer.

Instead of putting all of her energy into battling cancer Bernard, was forced to fight with
    Hometown Health. "Since last fall the have repeatedly told me they don't have to pay," said
    Bernard. Why? Because she had been diagnosed with cancer in 2012, while she was an
    uninsured substitute for the school district. But Bernard says, she was in remission, had gone
    full-time with the school and has her employer-paid insurance, but the insurance company says
    they will only pay whatever an insurance company paid during her previous bout with cancer -
    but she didn't have health insurance then.

Up stepped the small community of Dayton, led by a substitute teacher and mother of one of
    Bernard's students, Danielle Meares. She quickly organized a spaghetti-feed and silent auction
    last November. Meares said there were a lot of people there to support Bernard at the dinner
    including the Dayton High School football team, many of Bernard's students and former
    students, their parents and friends, her co-workers, school administrators, members of several
    area churches, and a county commissioner.

Bernard said the school district, intermediate school staff and administration have "bent over
    backwards" to accommodate her illness. "Things would be much more difficult without their
    wonderful support," she said Meares' son, Gavin Meares, 13, was so moved by the outpouring of community support for Bernard that he donated the electric guitar he had saved a long time to buy. She said after the
    auction, a man came up to Gavin and said, "When Thanksgiving is over have your parents bring
    you to my house, I've got something for you". The Meares family went to the man's home and he
    gave Gavin a Fender Stratus electric guitar for being so generous to his teacher. The man wished
    to be anonymous.

That fund-raiser brought in $4,500 in donations to help her pay part of the medical bills. In
    addition, another large anonymous donation came in to pay for her first round of chemo and
    homeopathic treatments.

It appears that Bernard should be a "poster patient" for the Affordable Care Act (ACA) -after all,
    ObamaCare was created, in part, for people with pre-existing conditions.

In January, Bernard visited the Affordable HealthCare Pros in Carson City to look into insurance
    that would cover her illness. The insurance broker, who is certified by the state's health
    exchange, signed her up for ACA-approved insurance, which became effective Feb. 1, 2014.
    However, while signing up for the insurance, Bernard realized she didn't have enough money to
    pay the premium. Once again she received help from within the community, this time from Lyon
    County brothel owner, Dennis Hof. Hof''s BunnyRanch employees are continually gathering
    donations for one cause or another in the greater Dayton area and they paid her premium. That's
    because the broker, a fellow Chamber of Commerce member reached out to Hof to help Bernard
    pay the premium. When Hof learned of Bernard's situation, he said, "Though I don't know this
    lady, I just don't like the idea of somebody who works for the county and is a dedicated teacher
    to have to go through something like this."

Though Bernard's battle is far from over, she says she has the utmost faith in her community and
    God, and thanks everyone who has been so generous in this very difficult time in her life.

3. jshusker
    Chat with Me

jshusker Well-Known Member

That was a very nice thing to do Dennis!!!!

4. Re: Dayton woman could be "poster patient" for Affordable Ca

[​IMG]

That is so totally cool of you Dennis! Thank you so much!

5. Re: Dayton woman could be "poster patient" for Affordable Ca

OUR BOSS IS THE BEST ALSO LOVE THE DOG XOXO

6. "but the insurance company says
    they will only pay whatever an insurance company paid during her previous bout with cancer -
    but she didn't have health insurance then. "

Seriously? This is so messed up and honestly angered me! Thankfully the community stepped in to help her out. What a true blessing! Thank you Dennis! [smilie=heart fill with love.gif]

7. Daddy D I had no idea that you were into giving back to the community like you do.

I am so happy I'm here working at the world famous bunny ranch.

Do you guys and girls think I should get involved with daddy's community activities

8. What a kind soul you have! Keep doing a great job and just being you.

[smilie=happy.gif]

9. I love working for you, daddy d!

10. So happy to be working for you Dennis.
    ~ Esme

11. Welcome to the family!!

12. Awesome!!!

[​IMG]

13. Re: Dayton woman could be "poster patient" for Affordable Ca

No act of Kindness,however small,is ever wasted-

14. I love that we give back to society!

15. Dennis is always reaching out to the local community. The girls even get involved. From raising money for the battered women's shelter to collecting toys for unfortunate children for Christmas. Sharing is indeed caring around the ranches. Way to go everyone.

16. shelbystar
    Chat with Me

shelbystar Looks gets you, my personality brings you back!

Awesome Dennis!

17. Daddy D you are Amazing thank you for all that you do!!!

18. shelbystar
    Chat with Me

shelbystar Looks gets you, my personality brings you back!

Awesome!

19. Loves it!

20. It's awesome to give back, Thank you!

21. caressakisses
    Chat with Me

caressakisses Caressakisses.com

You are fantastic Dennis! Kisses to you!

22. kristikiss
    Chat with Me

kristikiss Well-Known Member

This is amazing.. We all thank you for this... And love working here at Sagebrush...

23. caressakisses
    Chat with Me

So great Dennis!

24. JadeCapri
    Chat with Me

JadeCapri Genuine•Embracing•Assisting conquer inadequacies

I get donations for school supplies for our neighbor schools in Carson City and all Lion County. The list of school supplies is in my Specials thread. I have some material to deliver this week. I know how difficult it can be and I like helping out, but the thank you have to go to my Clients that send it all.

25. Thank you Big Daddy for showing people how to give back! It's important to give when you get, it helps us to live in a better world.... I think that's why I love 69 "giggles"

26. How wonderful of you Daddy

27. Proud to be working for Dennis Hof! It is great to see how he gets involved and cares for the communities his brothels are located in.

[​IMG]

28. caressakisses
    Chat with Me

Madison, that would be a great thing to get involved with! Dennis you are the best!

29. HollyWood
    Chat with Me

HollyWood I'll go the distance to make a difference...

Love hearing about this!

30. This is why I believe it is an honour to work in your business Dennis!!
    [smilie=heart fill with love.gif]

31. I hope so too Madison!

32. Since I've been here all I hear about are the countless things Big Daddy does for the community BY THE COMMUNITY THEMSELVES! Everyone loves him.. but it's hard not too!!!! Love you Big Daddy! HUGS AND KISSES

33. caressakisses
    Chat with Me

Dennis you are the best!

34. Community is everything. We always give back [smilie=heart fill with love.gif]

35. We give back; I just give and give and give. [smilie=heart fill with love.gif]