++BEAUTY TIPS ++

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by sindysky, Feb 17, 2015.

1. SableRenae
    Chat with Me

SableRenae Premier MILF at Kit Kat Ranch

TIp of the Day 06/20/2016

Natural Make-Up Remover
    Microfiber works great for this too and even removes mascara without soap or oils.

Plain olive or coconut oil will also remove mascara (even waterproof) and will remove other make-up as well but isn’t as ideal if you have oily skin.

For oily skin- Liquid Castille soap in water will remove makeup without adding oils to the skin or stripping the natural ones.

2. SableRenae
    Chat with Me

Tip of the day 06/21/2016

Luscious Lashes Eyelash Growth Serum

Eyelash Growth Serum Ingredients

1 teaspoon castor oil
    1 teaspoon emu oil (optional, can use extra castor oil instead)
    1/2 teaspoon coconut oil
    2 capsules Vitamin E oil (optional)
    Eyelash Growth Serum Instructions

Mix all ingredients and store in a small dropper bottle.
    To use, squeeze one drop on to your finger or a cotton swab and gently massage into lash line. I prefer to do this at night to let it work overnight before washing my face in the morning.
    Use daily for best results.
    TIP: This can also be used on eyebrows to help with thinning eyebrows.
    This will last up to a year as long as it is kept in an air tight container and not contaminated with a liquid since it contains to water, aloe or other liquid ingredients that will spoil.

3. SableRenae
    Chat with Me

Tip of the Day 06/22/2016

DIY Magnesium Foot Scrub Recipe

Epsom salt or magnesium salts would be rough on their own, but the addition of a few other soothing ingredients creates a scrub that is both exfoliating and moisturizing with a cooling sensation to ease dry skin and irritation.

A liquid oil like almond or olive oil moisturizes skin, while the roughness of the magnesium exfoliates. This scrub is naturally unscented, though a variety of essential oils can be added for scent and additional skin benefits.

A pinch of cinnamon powder and a few drops of peppermint essential oil make a festive scrub, or rose petals and lavender oil make a floral version. Some other great combinations would be:

10 drops lavender essential oil and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    10 drops citrus essential oil and 5 drops peppermint essential oil
    5 drops lemon essential oil and 5 drops rosemary essential oil
    If you don’t want a salt/magnesium based scrub or are getting magnesium from other sources, sugar can also be used in place of the salt to make a simple sugar scrub with many custom options for scent and color.

Magnesium Foot Scrub Ingredients

1 cup of epsom salt (a natural source of magnesium) or magnesium flakes
    1/4 cup olive oil or almond oil (also available here)
    1 teaspoon liquid castille soap (also available here)
    Optional: 10-15 drops of essential oil of choice (I used peppermint)
    Magnesium Foot Scrub Instructions

In a small bowl, mix all ingredients and add essential oils or scents until desired scent is achieved.
    Store in an airtight jar and use a teaspoon sized amount to exfoliate feet or body as needed.
    Rinse after use.

4. LynA
    Chat with Me

LynA Active Member

I started using sweet almond oil after every shower instead of lotion, especially here in Nevada it feels so dry.

SableRenae likes this.
  5. SableRenae
    Chat with Me

Sweet Almond Oil is so luxurious and it smells so good on the skin.

6. SableRenae
    Chat with Me

Tip of the Day 06/23/2016

Natural Tanning Oil Ingredients
    • 1/4 cup olive oil
    • 2 Tablespoons avocado oil
    • 1/2 teaspoon Raspberry Seed Oil
    • 1/2 teaspoon Carrot Seed Oil
    • 10 drops sandalwood essential oil
    • 10 drops lavender essential oil
    • 1 tsp bronze mica powder
    DIY Tanning Oil Instructions
    Mix all oils and mica powder (if using) and store in a dark-colored glass container. If you decide to substitute coconut oil for the olive oil, store in a jar instead, as it won’t work with a pump.

I use this as needed for mild sun exposure and it has helped me tan naturally without burning.

Important!

Of course, all of the usual disclaimers apply- sunburn is never healthy and should absolutely be avoided. You should not spend long periods of time in the sun, especially if you have very sensitive skin and if you are unable to tan, this recipe will not magically help you tan. I’m NOT advocating regular tanning in an electric bed, and only use this for moderate and natural sun exposure. Check with a dermatologist if you are unsure about any of these ingredients or want to know if this recipe is specifically good for your skin.

7. SableRenae
    Chat with Me

Tip of the Day 06/24/2016

Facial Toner Ingredients: Vitamin C and Witch Hazel
    I chose the ingredients for this toner carefully.

Witch hazel, an extract from the leaves and bark of the Hamamelis virginiana shrub, has a long history of use, especially in skin care. It has also been used over the the years as a natural remedy for hemorrhoids, burns and other skin irritation.

Witch hazel is naturally anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial, making it excellent for helping reduce the appearance of acne, redness and skin irritation. It helps lock in moisture, making it a good choice for oily and dry skin, and is high in tannins that reduce the appearance of fine lines.

Vitamin C helps tighten the skin and maintain the natural pH. Many high end skin products (that cost hundreds of times as much as this homemade toner) use vitamin C (often synthetic) for this purpose. Vitamin C is also important internally, but topical Vitamin C provides much more skin benefit.

IMPORTANT: Vitamin C is an acid and while the skin likes a mildly acidic environment, too much too fast can create irritation, especially if you have sensitive skin. You can add up to 3 times as much Vitamin C as I include in this recipe, but start slowly and work up to find your skin’s perfect balance. Over time, you can add slightly more Vitamin C, but don’t exceed 1.5 teaspoons.

Make Small Batches…
    This recipes makes a small amount of facial toner, and this is important. Though you could easily double the recipe, it wouldn’t be as effective.

Vitamin C breaks down over time. I prefer to make about as much as I need for a week at a time and keep in the fridge to have a cooling toner to use after washing my face. You do not need to keep this refrigerated, but it slightly extends shelf life. Either way, keep out of sunlight and away from heat.

Ingredients
    Instructions
    1. Combine all ingredients in a small glass bottle, spray bottle or dropper bottle.
    2. Shake well to incorporate.

8. SableRenae
    Chat with Me

Tip of the Day 0/25/206

Deep Conditioning Molasses Hair Mask
    [​IMG]

Molasses is a nutrient-dense natural sweetener that is a good source of minerals like magnesium, iron and calcium as well as copper and other trace nutrients. It is often consumed internally as a plant source of iron or used as a natural sweetener, and externally, a molasses hair mask is a natural beauty remedy that has been used for centuries.

Molasses for Hair?
    Though there isn’t a lot of scientific research on why molasses is so beneficial for hair, there are thousands of anecdotal reports of it being used to strengthen and condition hair (and even naturally reverse gray hair!).

The great thing about this natural beauty remedy is that it works internally and externally, and seems to be most effective when used both ways. In other words, you might get the most benefit from sipping a gingerbread latte with some molasses in your hair.

How it Works: Internally

When used in foods or drinks regularly, molasses may provide benefit to hair due to its unique combination of nutrients, especially copper, which is important for hair growth. Molasses also contains a good amount of iron, which may help stop anemia (a common cause of hair loss) and antioxidants that may help stop premature graying.

How it Works: Externally

There is also some evidence that nutrients in molasses can help nourish and strengthen hair externally. Like honey, it is a natural sweetener that works as a natural deep conditioner and makes hair silky and smooth.

The dark color of a molasses hair mask may also help cover gray naturally. I don’t have any gray hair yet, so I haven’t been able to test this theory first-hand, but I have used molasses to help naturally darken my hair in the winter months when my sun-bleached summer hair starts to grow out. It worked wonderfully to tone down the really blonde streaks I get after spending time outside all summer.

A Molasses Hair Mask?
    I can speak from firsthand experience in my early trials with natural beauty recipes that there is a definite wrong way to use molasses on hair… mainly, putting it straight on the hair undiluted. It is incredibly thick (and sticky!) and takes forever to get out if applied directly.

Instead, using molasses in combination with other hair-healthy ingredients helps improve and thin out its thick texture and intensify the benefits without the need to shampoo dozens of times.

My favorite hair-boosting ingredient to combine with molasses for deep condition hair is yogurt. It is a natural source of amino acids, beneficial bacteria and enzymes, zinc and lactic acid that help nourish the hair and scalp.

How to Make a Deep Conditioning Hair Mask
    This special combination of ingredients nourishes hair and improves hair strength and texture. It can easily be made at home with ingredients you might already have in your kitchen.

Molasses Hair Mask Ingredients
    Molasses Hair Mask Instructions
    1. Whisk together yogurt, molasses and apple cider vinegar.
    2. Add essential oil if using.
    3. Massage into hair and scalp.
    4. Cover with a shower cap or wrap in a towel and leave on for 10-15 minutes.
    5. Shampoo as normal.

9. SableRenae
    Chat with Me

Tip of the Day 06/26/2016

A Healing Salve…(like Neosporin)

I’m not a fan of Neosporin because its made with petroleum jelly and there are natural options that work just as well.

My homemade healing salve (or “boo-boo lotion”) is helpful on cuts, bruises, stings, poison ivy and skin irritations.

It’s easy to make and some of the ingredients even grow in your front yard during the summer… One of the herbs I use is Plantain, which grows in most parts of the country and is great for the skin. Most people just know it as a common garden weed.

This salve is naturally antibiotic, anti-inflammatory, anti-fungal, and astringent. It also doesn’t contain petroleum! It never goes bad, so I make it in big batches, but you can reduce the size if needed. I always keep this on hand while gardening for skin irritations and bug bites.

All ingredients and tins and lip chap containers to store it in are available here. (Storing in a lip-chap container makes it portable and easy to apply. )

Healing Salve Ingredients
    Healing Salve Instructions
    1. Infuse the herbs into the olive oil. There are two ways to do this. You can either combine the herbs and the olive oil in a jar with an airtight lid and leave 3-4 weeks, shaking daily OR heat the herbs and olive oil over low/low heat in a double boiler for 3 hours (low heat!) until the oil is very green.
    2. Strain her herbs out of the oil by pouring through a cheesecloth. Let all the oil drip out and then squeeze the herbs to get the remaining oil out.
    3. Discard the herbs.
    4. Heat the infused oil in a double boiler with the beeswax until melted and mixed.
    5. Pour into small tins, glass jars or lip chap tubes and use on bites, stings, cuts, poison ivy or other wounds as needed.

10. I will have to try this! Sounds great:)

11. This is so amazing! I will make this as soon as I can:)

12. Wow this is great as well. Not that many Deodorants work for me!

13. I tryied this an my elbows are baby butt softt now!! Thank you!

14. I did this one as well and my hair is soo shiney and healthy looking!

15. I did this on my hair before i moved here and it did wonders but i found out that i used it too often an made my hair really dry

16. This is such a great tip! Thank you:)

17. Wow things that are good for your skin an edible, im so all over it!

18. hahahahah this was so funny girl. i love your comment

19. Tree Hut Shea Sugar products are awesome! I used to pay 3 times as much money at the mall for very similar items with fancier brands, but no more! I can treat myself to a full spa day courtesy of Wal Mart :)

20. SableRenae
    Chat with Me

Homemade Honey Face Wash

[​IMG]

I’ve shared before how I wash my face with oil and how that has been the best skin care routine I’ve ever used. Some readers commented that they still hadn’t found the right combination of oils for their skin type, so I wanted to share another natural face wash I recently found…

Honey.
    Sound strange? So does cleansing your face with oil, but it turns out that they are both natural and effective ways to cleanse skin naturally.

For this method, raw honey must be used. Raw honey has natural anti-bacterial properties and contains enzymes and probiotics that are good for skin. This method can be especially good for acne-prone skin as it doesn’t stop moisture from the skin but does reduce oils and bacteria. (Acne is usually in internal problem though, so it is important to look at diet too!)

Honey is gentler than soaps, which strip the skin of beneficial oils, and it gently nourishes skin. I know a local vet who has even used raw honey to speed skin healing on animals as it helps reduce bacteria and speed healing while protecting the skin from outside disturbances. This idea appears to have some scientific backing, as there are now medical grade ointments (like this one) that use honey for wound and burn healing in humans.

What I Use
    I’ve personally tried two different types of honey for facial cleansing:

Both seem to work really well. Manuka honey is considered more cleansing and antibacterial (and has health benefits when used internally) but from what I found, either one works great for skin care (and raw honey is cheaper).

A friend of mine also recommended adding a tiny bit of vitamin C powder (which is also great for skin) and some essential oils for extra anti-bacterial and acne fighting power. Personally, I mix a few drops of lavender and frankincense oils in to the honey I keep in my bathroom.

I also still use the Oil Cleansing Method daily and I use honey for a second wash if needed. Typically, I wash my face at night with the oil cleansing method since it also removes makeup, and wash my face in the morning with the honey method if I use it. I keep a small jar and spoon of honey on my bathroom counter for this purpose….

How to Do it
    Wet face with warm water. Place a small amount of honey in your hands (Usually less than a teaspoon is plenty) and rub your hands together. ( I use this honey)

Massage in to skin in a circular motion to get all areas of the skin.

Optional: Leave on for 5-10 minutes for deep pore cleansing.

Wash off with warm water and pat dry.

Enjoy the soft skin!

21. For Soft Skin Try putting Vitamin E Capsules in Your Bath Water....

Puffy Eyes Cucumbers on The Eyes and Elevate Both Legs On Pillows
    So your Legs are Higher Than Your Heart While Lying Down...

22. SableRenae
    Chat with Me

TIP of the Day 07/04/2016
    Natural Make-Up Remover

Microfiber works great for this too and even removes mascara without soap or oils.

Plain olive or coconut oil will also remove mascara (even waterproof) and will remove other make-up as well but isn’t as ideal if you have oily skin.

For oily skin- Liquid Castille soap in water will remove makeup without adding oils to the skin or stripping the natural ones.

23. SableRenae
    Chat with Me

Tip of the Day 07/05/2016

Remove makeup with coconut oil

"After I douse a cotton pad with my regular makeup remover, I add a bit of coconut oil and apply it to my closed eye. It helps break up the makeup, so it slides off with more ease."

24. SableRenae
    Chat with Me

Tip of the Day 07/05/2016
    (yup another one just 'cause)

Do an a.m. scrub-down

"Before I shower in the morning, I grab a body brush and gently run it up my legs and torso, down my arms and down my back. Called dry brushing, this technique takes only a minute, but it's invigorating and exfoliating and boosts circulation. I also keep a bottle of body oil in the shower; once the water is off, I rub it over my still-damp arms and legs. I pat dry and I'm good to go—with amazingly smooth skin."

25. SableRenae
    Chat with Me

The caffeine in coffee helps brighten skin and reduce inflammation
    soak cotton balls in cold coffee
    wring and place over closed eyes for 10 minutes

26. SableRenae
    Chat with Me

Beauty Scrub

Mix 1 cup of coffee grounds, 1/.2 a cup of sugar, and 1 cup of coconut oil
    massage onto skin in the shower
    Rinse off
    Pat Dry

27. SableRenae
    Chat with Me

Found this tip think I'll give it a try

GET ROSY ...LITERALLY
    "After applying foundation and a little blush, dust your face with translucent powder, then mist skin with a rosewater spray and lay a Kleenex over for a second. It makes your face seem flawless in a way that looks as if you aren't wearing any makeup."-Liv Tyler

28. SableRenae
    Chat with Me

Tip of the day 07/09/2016

SPRITZ YOUR OUTFIT
    "I love walking into a closet and smelling lingering perfume, so I always spray my clothes. And at the end of the bottle, when the atomizer no longer reaches the tiny little dribble that is left, I unscrew the top and pour the remainder onto a t-shirt or dress.

29. SableRenae
    Chat with Me

Tip of the day 07/11/2016
    [​IMG]
    ...............................................................................

30. SableRenae
    Chat with Me

....One more just for kicks..........
    [​IMG]
    ....................................................................................................

31. SableRenae
    Chat with Me

TIP OF THE DAY 07/15/2016

[​IMG]

32. SableRenae
    Chat with Me

ONE MORE FOR 07/15/2016

Mix 2 cups water and 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar. Shampoo and condition hair, then add the mixture and leave on for several minutes, then rinse out of hair.
    [​IMG]

33. SableRenae
    Chat with Me

[​IMG]
    .....................................................................................................

34. SableRenae
    Chat with Me

RUB COFFEE GROUNDS ON YOUR BODY

Just mix all of the ingredients below and you're all set!

A dash of Cinnamon
    1/4 cup of coconut oil
    1/2 cup of brown sugar
    1/2 cup of coffee grounds

35. SableRenae
    Chat with Me

This recipe is very popular in India, effectively removes eye bags, dark circles and bags under eyes.
    With just one application of this mask prominently the sings of tiredness will retreat and the swollen and un- slept appearance will be gone.

[​IMG]

Ingredients:

• 1 teaspoon of baking soda
    • 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric
    • Few drops of lemon juice
    • Little amount of freshly squeezed pineapple juice (enough to get paste)
    Preparation:

Make from the ingredients soft paste. If you have sensitive skin do not put inside juice of lemon. Apply the paste under your eyes and leave it on for about 15 minutes. Wash your face with warm then cold water. After, apply moisturizing cream. The results will surprise you!