++BEAUTY TIPS ++

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by sindysky, Feb 17, 2015.

1. IF YOU WANT TO MAKE A GREAT BODY SCRUB AT HOME TAKE SUGAR AND HONEY AND MIX TOGETHER AND US IT ON ANY PART OF YOUR BODY. IT WILL NOT MAKE YOU BREAK OUT AND LEAVES YOUR SKIN FEELING SILKY SMOOTH. [smilie=heart fill with love.gif]

2. POUR SOME SUGAR ON ME!!!!!!

hehehe!

Simply,
    KS

3. shelbystar
    Chat with Me

shelbystar Looks gets you, my personality brings you back!

You could eat it off! Cool! LOL! Thank you!

christymichelle likes this.
  4. MollyMadison
    Chat with Me

MollyMadison Well-Known Member

I love homemade body scrubs!

5. JadeCapri
    Chat with Me

JadeCapri Genuine•Embracing•Assisting conquer inadequacies

If you add 1/2 cup of olive oil, your skin will absorb the nutrients faster and with excellent results.

6. Sounds delicious! I've used salt but never sugar... Yummy!

7. JadeCapri
    Chat with Me

JadeCapri Genuine•Embracing•Assisting conquer inadequacies

I've used sea salt before, but it was too rough on my skin. I want refreshed skin, not new skin. lol

REAPER136913 and christymichelle like this.

8. I AGREE JADE, REFRESHED OVER new! lol

9. HollyWood
    Chat with Me

HollyWood I'll go the distance to make a difference...

I love it!!

10. HAVE YOU TRIED IT?

11. CJX
    Chat with Me

CJX New Member

More tips pls beautiful SINDY [smilie=heart fill with love.gif]

12. SableRenae
    Chat with Me

SableRenae Premier MILF at Kit Kat Ranch

OKAY!!!! FOUND THIS THREAD AND HERE IS A TIP

ROSEHIP SEED OIL YOU CAN GET IT AT TRADER JOES AND WHOLE FOODS

A FEW DROPS OF THIS IN YOUR FAVORITE LOTION, MOISTURIZER, OR EVEN STRIGHT COCONUT OIL

HELPS REDUCE THOSE PESKY WRINKLES AND CROWS FEET AND A LITTLE GOES A REALLY LONG WAY

DesertRose likes this.
  13. SableRenae
    Chat with Me

COCONUT OIL DEEP CONDITIONER

*2 TBSP COCONUT OIL
    *1 TBSPJOJOBAOIL
    * 3 DROPS OF ESSENTIAL OIL OF YOUR CHOiCE

Make sure all ingredients are room temperature —the coconut oil should be rich and thick.
    Measure the coconut oil into a bowl and stir well. The heat from the mixing will give the oil a smooth texture.
    Add the jojoba oil and continue to stir until the mixture is even and well-combined.
    Add the essential oil. (Be careful, especially with kids; test essential oils on a small patch of skin before using on a larger area to make sure there are no allergic reactions.) Stir all the ingredients together until they form a thick, oily mixture.
    Apply to the hair from roots to ends, paying particular attention to any dry areas.
    Cover hair with a plastic bag or shower cap and use a hair dryer to warm the hair. Leave on for 15-30 minutes.
    Wash and condition hair as usual. Use it once a week for the fullest benefits.

LunaMia and DesertRose like this.
  14. SableRenae
    Chat with Me

Sandalwood oil can help to soothe damaged or irritated skin while at the same time fading scars, lines, and wrinkles to smooth the skin’s surface,

DesertRose likes this.
  15. SableRenae
    Chat with Me

Topical Solutions for Healthy Nails
    Coconut Oil
    When it comes to all-natural ingredients which can benefit every part of your body, coconut oil is king! To improve the strength and appearance of your nails, simply massage them daily with organic cold-pressed coconut oil. As an added benefit, your cuticles and skin will look and feel healthier from a daily treatment with coconut oil, too.

16. SableRenae
    Chat with Me

Hair Mask For Fine or Limp Hair
    The first time I heard of volumizing hair with stale beer, I was skeptical to say the least. After I tried it, I was amazed. It turns out that the yeast from the beer adds volume to your hair it leaves proteins behind that repair damaged hair and helps healthy hair grow. I told a stylist friend of mine about the trick and she recommended the recipe below, applied every two weeks. Turns out the eggs add even more protein and removes oils that can weight down your hair.

1 T. Olive oil
    ½ c. Flat beer (the fizzy stuff doesn’t work; open it and leave it on the counter for a few hours before using)
    1 Raw egg

Mix all of the ingredients together and massage into clean, towel-dried hair. Let it sit for about 20 minutes and then rinse well with cool to lukewarm water – too hot and it will cook the egg.

DesertRose likes this.
  17. SableRenae
    Chat with Me

Hair Mask For Dry or Frizzy Hair:
    Bananas and avocados are both amazing for your health and your hair. They are packed with vitamins, essential fatty acids, and natural sugars that your hair can easily absorb. You only need to use it once a month, and your hair will be healthy, shiny, and frizz-free! Plus, it’s a great way to get rid of over-ripe bananas and avocados.

1 ripe banana
    1 ripe avocado
    1 T. olive oil

Mash all the ingredients together and massage into clean, towel-dried hair. Put on a shower cap and let it soak into your hair for 15-30 minutes. Rinse your hair in cool water. Put a heavy paper towel (or some sort of filter) over the drain to catch all the chunky pieces.

DesertRose likes this.
  18. CJX
    Chat with Me

CJX New Member

Thank u
    extremely helpful
    u r a beauty [smilie=heart fill with love.gif]

19. Sounds yummy enough for one to lick clean;) tehe!
    :lol:

20. SableRenae
    Chat with Me

My pleasure always [smilie=heart fill with love.gif]

21. SableRenae
    Chat with Me

doesn't it though :lol:

22. SableRenae
    Chat with Me

FOR NAILS

Olive Oil & Lemon
    Olive oil is one of the best moisturizers for nails (plus skin and hair, too!) Lemon juice contains antioxidant vitamin C which protects nails, removes stains, and encourages stronger growth. To create a nourishing nail soak, simply mix 3 parts olive oil with 1 part lemon juice, heat to just above body temperature, then submerge your fingertips in the solution for 10 minutes. Repeat this daily for best results.

23. SableRenae
    Chat with Me

Sunburn
    Essential oils are instrumental in treating sunburn — not only for pain relief, but to reduce swelling and prevent scarring. To cool and soothe the affected area, mix a few drops of essential oil in cool, refrigerated aloe vera gel. Apply the gel to the sunburned area several times per day. Top essential oils for sunburn relief are:

Lavender
    Calendula
    Roman chamomile
    Helichrysum

VioletSage and DesertRose like this.
  24. SableRenae
    Chat with Me

Reduces Inflammation & Itching
    Due to its high concentration of anti-inflammatory oleic acid, avocado oil can be applied topically to ease discomfort caused by all manner of skin conditions, including but not limited to dandruff, cracked heels, keratosis pilaris, insect bites and stings, sunburn, eczema, and psoriasis. (Click the links for more great natural remedies!)

Also, because avocado oil is so thick, it won’t soak in as fast as other oils. For chronic ailments like eczema, a thin coating of soothing oil can go a long way toward relieving the persistent itching of a break out. Of course, not everyone has the same reactions to every plant oil so you should definitely test a drop or two of avocado oil (or any new treatment, for that matter) on a small patch of skin from which the oil may be easily removed before applying to large areas of the body.

25. SableRenae
    Chat with Me

EASY SHINY HAIR RINSE
    APPLE CIDER VINEGAR RINSE

1/2 cup Apple Cider Vinegar (I prefer THIS brand)

1/2 cup Water

3 drops Lavender Essential Oil (find it HERE)

3 drops Rosemary Essential Oil (find it HERE)

HOW TO USE

I keep mine in the shower in a spray bottle. I use 3 times a week. On those 3 days, the rinse replaces my conditioner. I’m not kidding. I have dry hair, and thought I desperately would need conditioner to smooth my hair out, but honestly, acv works better.

Shampoo your hair as usual.
    Spray a generous amount into your hair.
    Massage your hair.
    Let it set for about 2 minutes then quickly, not thoroughly, rinse it out with water.
    Your hair will stink while it’s wet. I SWEAR, once it dries, you won’t smell apple cider vinegar! I add Rosemary to mine because it helps hair grow. I also add Lavender for the smell, and it’s moisturizing properties.

Try this out-I know you’ll be happy you did! It’s so easy and much healthier and cheaper than clarifying shampoos and spray shines!

26. SableRenae
    Chat with Me

This shampoo helps reduce frizz, combat dandruff, moisterize and softens you hair all in one. A natural, kind to your skin shampoo that will make you think twice next time you are in the store.
    Ingredients

Raw honey (also called "unpasteurized" honey), I recommend this one
    Filtered water (see Instructions for measurements), I use and recommend this filter
    A few drops of essential oils, such as carrot seed oil, optional
    Instructions

Make the shampoo "single serving" basis to prevent spoilage. Here's the basic ratio, but you can adjust it as desired: 1 Tbs. raw honey and 3 Tbs. filtered water. If necessary, slightly heat the mixture over very low heat to help dissolve the honey. Yes, this is really watery... that is how it is supposed to be.
    If desired, add a few drops of essential oil. I like adding two drops of lavender essential oils and two drops of carrot seed oil. The essential oils add a light fragrance and also help with any flaky scalp issues. The carrot seed oil (found here) is very nourishing to the hair.
    Wet hair, then massage a few tablespoons of the honey shampoo on the scalp. Massage well to distribute over the scalp. Don't worry about getting the mixture

27. SableRenae
    Chat with Me

Moisturizing Honey Body Wash

Ingredients

⅔ cup liquid castile soap (find it here)
    ¼ cup raw, unfiltered honey (find it here)
    2 teaspoons oil – grapeseed, jojoba, sweet almond, sesame, or olive (find it here)
    1 teaspoon Vitamin E oil (find it here)
    50 – 60 drops essential oils (find 100% pure essential oils here) – see suggestions below
    Directions

Measure out all ingredients and combine in a bottle with a squirt top, shaking to mix. Shake gently before each use. To use, squirt onto a washcloth, bath pouf, or directly onto body.

Since this recipe doesn’t contain water, it has a long shelf life of up to a year.

28. SableRenae
    Chat with Me

Homemade Super Simple Natural Eyeliner (& Eyeshadow)
    Ingredients:

4 capsule activated charcoal
    A few drops of distilled water
    Empty eyeshadow tin
    Directions: In a small container place 4 capsule of activated charcoal. Add a 2 drops of water and stir, continue to add water a drop or two at a time and stir until the charcoal starts to clump. Slowly add the mixture to an empty and clean eyeshadow tin and press down with your fingers until smooth. This next step is totally optional, but to make it smoother on top I took a large spoon and rubbed it against the top pressing down. I really only did this to take a nicer picture :).

Easier version: You could also just leave the charcoal loose and dip your damp brush in it. If you’re using it as eyeshadow make sure to tap off the extra charcoal well.

To use: Take a small brush like this one, dampen brush with water, wipe across pressed charcoal or dip into the loose charcoal, and use as you would normal eyeliner pencil! Of course try not to get it in your eyes! From experience, I would apply the eyeliner before you put contacts in your eyes.

For color variation: try cocoa powder for brown (I haven’t thoroughly tested this). For gray just use less activated charcoal.

Super easy and it works!

29. SableRenae
    Chat with Me

According to Mommypotamus.com, eating gelatin increases collagen production which are the building blocks of the skin.

A diet high in gelatin helps to:

Reduce wrinkles
    Reduce cellulite
    Reduce stretch marks
    Grow strong hair and nails
    Balance hormones

30. SableRenae
    Chat with Me

Treat Acne & Other Skin Conditions With Banana Peels

This is a great little trick for treating acne, warts, stopping the itch from bug bites and poison ivy and reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles with an ingredient you’d normally throw in the trash.

Simply rubbing the inside of a banana peel on your skin helps all of the above. Banana peels are rich in antioxidants, vitamins and nutrients which are absorbed into the skin.

Now you can ditch toxic acne gels and creams and instead use free banana peels!

DesertRose and christymichelle like this.
  31. SableRenae
    Chat with Me

Rinse With Apple Cider Vinegar
    Apple cider vinegar mixed with water makes a great natural alternative to commercial mouth rinse. Simply mix these two ingredients at a ratio of one part ACV to two parts water, rinse for thirty seconds to one minute, then follow up with a clear water rinse to remove the acidic vinegar from your teeth. You’ll have a whiter smile in no time!

DesertRose likes this.
  32. SableRenae
    Chat with Me

Overnight Skincare with Coconut Oil
    For an effective night-time face clean up use coconut oil, to get rid of any dirt, impurities and stubborn makeup. It sinks deep into the skin to condition, moisturize, and soften your skin. Coconut oil naturally clears dirt, grime, and dead skin cells. It even contains antibacterial and antifungal properties, killing off harmful bacteria for acne-free skin.
    Overnight Skincare with Coconut Oil
    Apply extra virgin coconut oil and massage it into your skin with circular motion for about 5 mins to improve blood circulation, soften the skin and help reduce fine lines and wrinkles.
    Use your ring finger to slowly massage the oil around your eyes to prevent fines and wrinkles.
    Dip a wash cloth in warm water, wring out the excess.
    Place it on your face for 10-20 secs so that the oil gets absorbed into your skin.
    Don’t rinse off, just blot dry, let the remaining coconut oil work its magic on the skin overnight.
    If you feel your face is too dry then you can take few drops of coconut oil, rub it between your palm to warm it up and pat it on your skin.
    If your skin is too oily then just blot the excess oil with a wash cloth or tissue and give it sometime for the oil to absorb into the skin.

DesertRose likes this.
  33. SableRenae
    Chat with Me

Healing Foot Scrub
    Whether you spend a lot of time or your feet and you want to soothe away an ache or you simply like to indulge in some healthy pedi-pampering, this coconut oil foot scrub will hit the spot every time!

You will need:

1/4 cup of coconut oil
    1 – 2 tablespoons of epsom salt
    1 tablespoon of sweet almond oil
    5 – 10 drops of essential oils
    Directions:

Warm up your coconut oil until it is liquid, but not hot. Gently stir in sweet almond oil (or substitute olive oil) and essential oils. Add epsom salt and work all of the ingredients together until well incorporated. Store in a resealable glass container until ready to use.

Suggested essential oils: I have made and enjoyed this scrub with peppermint, eucalyptus, tea tree, orange, and lavender used individually in separate batches. Also on my “to try” list are basil, lemongrass, bergamot, sandalwood, and geranium oils.

LunaMia and DesertRose like this.
  34. SableRenae
    Chat with Me

Elbow and Knee Exfoliate and Skin Brightener

Cut an orange in half and rub it on your elbows and knees. Helps soften those rough patches. And it smells good. (Rinse off the sticky mess when you are done.)

LunaMia and AthiraMoru like this.
  35. SableRenae
    Chat with Me

Mix corn starch, baking soda, and coconut oil together to create all natural deodorant

If you don’t want to apply the deodorant by hand you can put in an old empty deodorant stick.