Locked Posts?

Discussion in 'Dennis Hof and Madam Suzette' started by KelF, Mar 10, 2013.

1. KelF
    Chat with Me

KelF Active Member

I haven't been on here for a little bit, and as I've been checking my "flashing" threads, I've noticed quite a few are now locked. I remember reading a thread about locking old posts....which is fair. But some newer posts are locked, which confuses me. Are there new rules/regulations regarding locking(ed) posts or anything I might have missed in my absence? Just curious. Thanks!

2. Harold
    Chat with Me

Harold Well-Known Member

Kelf:

I have been locking old posts since many are SPAM magnets for the ladies tying to make a weekly post goal.

There is an RIP post. After a month or two that post would be out of date and should be locked. If someone just has to say something or there is new information about the passing, start a new post.

Last year's Fourth of July pool party does not need any new posts. The Information is there for all to read. Want to find out about the party for this year, start a new post.

Start new posts, rather than post to and reactivate a 2005 / 2006 / 2007 / 2008 / 2009 /2010 / or 2011 thread. After all, this is 2013.

Harold

PS. If someone feels that a locked post should still be open and available, report the post (Just as you would a SPAM post), and give a reason for reopening the posts. Mistakes do happen.

3. This is good information to know. Thanks for asking Kelf!! And, thanks for the answer Harold!!

[smilie=call me.gif] [smilie=call me.gif] ANYTIME FOR AN APPOINTMENT, OR PM ME!!! [smilie=call me.gif] [smilie=call me.gif]

4. THANK YOU HAROLD :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

Chili

5. Thanks for clearing that up!

6. Can the posts show locked so you don't have to open them first?? Have like a refresh!

7. Harold
    Chat with Me

Harold Well-Known Member

Open a forum such as "Dennis Hof and Madam Suzette"

Scroll to the bottom of the page.

Look in the lower left hand corner of the page.

The symbols for the various types of posts are shown there including a symbol for "Locked Posts"

Move your mouse cursor (Arrow) over the symbol at the beginning of each thread. A small popup will appear that explains the symbol and the status of the post.

8. KelF
    Chat with Me

KelF Active Member

Thank you for your response Harold. Your answer was well put and I agree. :D

9. KelF
    Chat with Me

KelF Active Member

I've noticed some long running threads that aren't locked only have one page now. Just wondering why?

10. Harold
    Chat with Me

Harold Well-Known Member

Kelf:

I have a post about posting pictures on the message board. It was suggested and approved by Madam Suzette.

No comments were needed. The content of the post states the policy. I locked it right at the start.

Others had similar posts that were not locked at the start.

All of the comments on those posts have now been removed and the posts locked so that only the original message remains.

Board members should be reading the original post and not comments 10 pages down into the thread.

If there is a problem or suggested change to an original and locked post by a Moderator, PM the poster and the change will be considered.

NO response or action, PM Madam Suzette and register a complaint.

11. KelF
    Chat with Me

KelF Active Member

12. KelF
    Chat with Me

KelF Active Member

Can someone please help!!! :? :shock: I was just looking for the thread I had made about my trip to the Bunny Ranch when I went, and I can't find it. :cry: I'm worried that it was deleted. I could find the reviews I had written about my parties, but not the thread about my trip. It would be from 2011, which I know is old, but if it is on here, locked, or accessible in any way can someone please let me know? I want to copy it to my computer. Instead of writing in a real journal, the thread was mine, and it was the best time of my life, so I really hope I can see it. Can anyone let me know what happened to it?

13. KelF
    Chat with Me

KelF Active Member

If it could be even messaged to me I would GREATLY APPRECIATE IT. Thank you.

14. You could "pm" that query to Harold. I'm sure he will oblige.