About Me Life Update ( also ABBY ROAD TOUR SCHEDULE AUGUST 2021)

Discussion in 'World Famous BunnyRanch Forum (Carson City)' started by AbigailRhoads, Aug 19, 2021.

1. AbigailRhoads
    Chat with Me

AbigailRhoads Well-Known Member

Hi everyone! Please forgive my absence from here . It has been a whirlwind of a month so far. I came here looking for some tips from you guys. Recently Ive been striving to get more active and eat better and try new supplements. Unfortunately , my absence was due to a diabetes 2 diagnoses I actually had no clue I had. I was very shocked when they told me however in recent days, i'm trying to get this all in check and start setting up healthy meal plans for myself (and cutting out sweets gahhh i miss twinkies!). Anyways any tips on to how I can help improve this? Yummy foods I can try or natural supplements? Can use all the help i can get in this uncharted department . Love you. and thank you! xoxox

Abby Road <3

****MY SCHEDULE AT THE RANCH WILL BE TILL AUGUST 30!*****

Let me know if you wanna come in and see me :) <3

Attached Files:

RunningSquirrel and Lothbroke like this.
  2. AbigailRhoads
    Chat with Me

AbigailRhoads Well-Known Member

Also my weight is still at 102 lbs. however any tips to gain muscle or a little more weight? let me know!

3. tahoebigbear
    Chat with Me

tahoebigbear Well-Known Member

you're on the right track...healthy eating and exercise will help control your type 2. go for less sugar and way less processed food. more veggies too. sign up and use "myfitnesspal", its free, easy to use and provides lots of nutritional information on what you're eating. set up a regular exercise and strength program and be consistent. it's a new lifestyle and the number one thing is a positive attitude...I'm sure you'll do great.....

4. Lunch Buffett
    Chat with Me

Lunch Buffett Well-Known Member

It seems like you're very busy educating yourself about diabetes. My brother has Type 2 diabetes. Every time I see a doctor, he tells me I'm prediabetic. :(

In the morning, I eat a couple of bananas or an apple. For lunch, I like eating carrots, pickles or garlic stuffed olives with my portion controlled, microwaved meal. I like eating pistachios for a snack in the afternoon. I try to eat smaller amounts of everything that is bad for me.

Every day, I walk to work. I hate the cafeteria, so I walk home for lunch. Then I walk back to work after lunch. The company I work for has a fitness center full of weight machines. I always try to see how many repetitions I can do on the machines. Then I search the parking lot for my car. There have been a few occasions where I drove to work and then left my car in the parking lot overnight. :rolleyes:

5. I am 100% with you about www.myfitnesspal.com. and the APP. I swear by it!!! I'll show it to Abigail and be friends with her on out too.

tahoebigbear likes this.
  6. Pizza Man
    Chat with Me

Pizza Man Well-Known Member

@AbigailRhoads I'm still in AWE over how you changed your look with a different hair color. I was diagnosed with diabetes earlier this year after a COVID scare and a trip to the ER. My A1C was off the damn charts at 7.6% and since January I've managed to get it down the 5's range by totally revamping my daily diet. GONE are my habitual trips to McDonalds on a daily basis and and GONE are my 4 sodas per day. It was definitely addicted!

Now concentrating on more protein based meals with chicken, salmon, and some beef and feeling dynamite every day and also keeping off the 25LBS I lost which comes in handy in the bedroom.

I never saw a nutritionist even though my doctor recommended one so don't really have a clue about supplements. I do take Nature's Bounty Magnesium tabs at 400mg daily but that was really to keep my muscles from spazzing out when I was trying to sleep.

The foods I will miss are ridiculous: double stacked cheeseburgers, 7-11 brownies for a dollar, Chinese stir fry noodles with shrimp or beef, etc etc.

Everything in moderation.

7. Sorry to hear the health news. Sending good vibes your way.

8. kevinz0071
    Chat with Me

kevinz0071 Well-Known Member

To Gain the lean Muscle Less Weight but More Reps.

As A 20+ year Diabetic it is very important to keep an accurate log of your Blood Sugar Numbers. You always want to be in the 90-150 or so range (It's hard sometimes I know) Also remember though that in Moderation cheating is ok you just have to adjust the Insulin for what you are eating But Keep on top of it

tahoebigbear likes this.
  9. Do you smoke? Now you no longer smoke. It is one of the worst things for type-2. My uncle still smokes despite the fact that his type 2 caused him to lose part of his foot. Once surgeons start removing parts it doesn't stop as the wound never heals correctly.

My great uncle is a warning of once surgeons start they don't stop.

Good news though, a friend of mine who has type 2 did everything right and is managing the type 2 quite well.

10. NY_Mike
    Chat with Me

NY_Mike Active Member

I'm diabetic as well. I got serious about it 5 years ago and changed my lifestyle. Dropped weight, hit the gym, cut down on drinking. Over the last 6 months I'm dialing it in more. I'm doing a low carb, mostly green leafy vegetables, Mediterranean type diet along with exercise.

11. KikiLover
    Chat with Me

KikiLover ♛ Middle Eastern Princess ♛

Good luck with your new health journey
    You look beautiful :)