Health Challenges and Intimacy, allow me to take your hand

Discussion in 'Sagebrush Ranch Carson City Forum' started by RebeccaBrite, Apr 14, 2020.

1. RebeccaBrite
    Chat with Me

RebeccaBrite Well-Known Member

Good Afternoon!
    Did you know that sex is on Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs as a basic human need for happiness and self actualization? It is on the same foundational need as food, shelter, water, and sleep.
    But what happens if a health challenge changes your body?

I have a very personal understanding of what it means to desire intimacy and closeness during health challenges, I have cancer. I am a 6 year cancer survivor and cancer patient.
    I have a deep understanding and empathy for individuals with health challenges.

Cancer, limb amputations, and physical changes from accidents, do not eliminate the desire for intimacy. In fact, it can often enhance the desire to be close to others. I recall my cute little bald head, feeling sick, but desiring intimacy and a sexual connection.
    Health challenges can make us feel self conscious. We worry about the reaction from our partner, will they understand? Will they be freaked out by a scar or adaptive device like an artificial limb?

I have spoken at several seminars regarding sex and health challenges. As a certified sex educator from a nationally accredited certifying organization, I have spoken in 10 sessions nationwide related to intimacy with health challenges.
    I am here for you. I would love to invite you into my arms to share intimacy in a relaxed, understanding, sexy environment.

Are you a Cancer survivor? Do you have a colostomy, have you had a testicle removed, or extensive scarring, with concerns about intimacy? Self consciousness about an amputation?
    I am YOUR GIRL!! Being a Nurse means that I have cared for countless people with colostomies, I know all about them and they don't scare me! You beat cancer, or other major illness, come and have fun!

Whatever you have battled or struggled with, I understand and open my arms to you.

I enjoy creating a sexy, fun, all inclusive environment for everyone. I hope to see you soon!

[email protected]

Last edited: Apr 14, 2020
  2. BigAlbowski
    Chat with Me

BigAlbowski Well-Known Member

I am glad to know there are ladies like you! Understanding of physical limitations or illness! I myself have mobility problems and chronic pain due to neck and spinal surgeries! Keep up the great work... you are an angel![smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif]

MaeLove and RebeccaBrite like this.
  3. Angel indeed! All those hypocritical people who attach a negative connotation to sex workers should read this post. Way to go Rebecca!

MaeLove, KikiLover and RebeccaBrite like this.
  4. RebeccaBrite
    Chat with Me

:D I was thinking about it and I have spoken at 2 conferences about sexuality and cancer, and one of the biggest concerns for pts is "will I be accepted". Am I still sexy... We don't lose those desires, and I want to reach out to those whom may not realize that they have an option.

MaeLove likes this.
  5. RebeccaBrite
    Chat with Me

Bumpity bump bump.

I would love to spend time with you no matter what. You are welcome in my bed as you are, with open arms and an open heart.

6. RebeccaBrite
    Chat with Me

I am here and would love to meet you! I am warm, cuddly, affectionate, and enjoy being touched and touching my partner.
    IMG_20210619_155806.jpg

7. Lunch Buffett
    Chat with Me

Lunch Buffett Well-Known Member

As I get older, my tremors get worse. Every time I try to pass a TSA checkpoint, the officer asks why I'm acting like this. Someone told them that excessive nervousness is an indicator of a terrorist, so I'm always singled out for extra searching. :( I always buy an extra large bottle of extra harmless shaving cream and laugh when they confiscate it. :)

8. RebeccaBrite
    Chat with Me

I can picture it now.. A Costco warehouse sized shaving cream.
    Also, WTF?! I would have hoped that most intelligent members of society would be able to see a tremor and know it was a tremor. The nature of tremors is so obvious and distinct to me, it doesn't even look like nerves...but I guess being a Nurse makes me more aware.
    You know, I would think the opposite. Terrorists would be so well indoctrinated that nerves wouldn't be present. But what do I know.

My chemo port showed up on their body scan. It had the appearance of a box and wire. Let me tell you, if I smoked I would need one after that search I asked if it cost extra. The lady felt badly when I informed her that it was a chemotherapy port.

Lunch Buffett likes this.
  9. tahoebigbear
    Chat with Me

tahoebigbear Well-Known Member

hmmm, I couldn't find anything and I thought I did a pretty good body scan... :)

MaeLove likes this.
  10. charlie_k
    Chat with Me

charlie_k Well-Known Member

Wow , More Strength to You girl. It takes a great courage to survive but even greater to speak about it and let other know that there is someone who has suffered the same as they did. Great post for countless survivors and patients. Love from CA

MaeLove and RebeccaBrite like this.
  11. Someone pointed me to you as someone I could talk to. Now I understand why. I live with my cancer because I have no other choice. It won't go away no matter what. I know I'll die at an early age because of it. Still it doesn't stop me from having basic desires for human interaction. I just feel like I can't get close to anyone for fear of causing pain when I go. I do appreciate caring souls like you for being there.

MaeLove likes this.
  12. RebeccaBrite
    Chat with Me

Hello Joe. That feeling is 100% normal. Many cancer patients and survivors mention a desire or preference for friends with benefits, casual relationships, etc, because they don't want to cause immense grief or pain.
    I believe that we have to do what feels right for our circumstances.

MaeLove and JustJoeInPowell like this.
  13. RebeccaBrite
    Chat with Me

I had it removed in 2019, so it wasn't there.
    Oh yes, your body scan was very thorough and excellent. :)

MaeLove and tahoebigbear like this.
  14. hikino
    Chat with Me

hikino Well-Known Member

I'm sorry to hear what you have to go through when you fly, @Lunch Buffett. Unfortunately, @RebeccaBrite, I believe many of us lay people wouldn't be able to recognize a tremor as such. As you mentioned, your medical training and experience makes it easier for you to recognize it. Also remember, TSA is law enforcement so while they may see this on a regular basis, their training and operational focus makes them think of criminal acts first, medical conditions last (if at all).

And sadly, I've learned that with some folks, they may be highly intelligent, but they're sure not smart! As the old saying goes, common sense isn't so common.

Criminals, and by extension, terrorists, will know that in order to survive and operate, rule #1 is to never draw attention. So yes, play it cool and collected, keep a low profile and don't do anything stupid.

MaeLove, Oldster and Lunch Buffett like this.
  15. cumishaamado
    Chat with Me

cumishaamado Love Virgins, Couples & Girlfriend Experience

Awesome post and very informative!!! I have "Stage 4 Cancer" Clients that I've known for 6 years now and we are still enjoying our parties with each other. I have helped a few of my friends survive Breast Cancer, Colon Cancer and Prostrate Cancer too!!! I have also taught the girls at "Kit Kat Ranch" how to do a "Wheelchair Transfer and a Bed Transfer to their wheelchair too!!![smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif]

16. jax
    Chat with Me

jax Well-Known Member

It's wonderful that through your own experience and work in the medical field, you have developed such a sense of empathy and compassion for others.
    I wish there were more people like you in the world.

17. cumishaamado
    Chat with Me

Thanks @Lunch Buffett for liking my post and I would love to fulfill your fantasies in the future!!![smilie=heart fill with love.gif]

18. RebeccaBrite
    Chat with Me

Thank you for the wonderful compliment. Health challenges do not axe away our desires or our need for intimacy and sexual fulfillment, but it can make it difficult if someone doesn't understand or have compassion.

MaeLove and tahoebigbear like this.
  19. cumishaamado
    Chat with Me

Awesome post!!! Thanks for sharing!!![smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif]

20. cumishaamado
    Chat with Me

Thanks @joe carbols for liking my post!!! You are a "Sweetheart"!!!![smilie=hot over you.gif][smilie=hot over you.gif][smilie=hot over you.gif][smilie=hot over you.gif]

joe carbols likes this.
  21. MaeLove
    Chat with Me

MaeLove Booking now thru July 5th let's plan our date!

I love everything about this post.
    Sagebrush has such a remarkable lineup of women I am so honored to be here amoung them Rebecca is such a kind, smart and beautiful woman! Come scoop her up for what is sure to be an amazing experience

22. Delilah Rae
    Chat with Me

Delilah Rae Where secret desires become realities

experiences like this are so important! Book with this lady to day!

23. wrb55rosco
    Chat with Me

wrb55rosco Well-Known Member

With , or without a slide board. Yes slide boards are a pain.

24. MarieBossette
    Chat with Me

MarieBossette Well-Known Member

Don’t miss out on a good time with this lovely lady today.