Corruption during the virus

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sakaki, Mar 24, 2020.

1. Sakaki
    Chat with Me

Sakaki Well-Known Member

My company is making us work just enough so we can't get unemployment but not enough to make ends meet. If I wasn't living with someone I wouldn't be able to pay My bills. This virus is taking so much from all of us. The one positive thing I'm doing is going to the gym. What makes it bad there our company's that are shut down that are paying their employees full pay and they don't have to work at all. Obviously my company is ran by corrupt people who only care about themselves. Big Multi billion dollar companies have no soul. I'll be glad when this is over. Makes me greatful for when things were normal just a few weeks ago.

Baba1234 and aztecwarrior2881 like this.
  2. AlexaWu
    Chat with Me

AlexaWu Well-Known Member

Sorry this is happening to you. The situation has been an eye opener to appreciate the smallest things. I found a white hair yesterday and was at first surprised, then thought I'm lucky to be able to reach this age.

It's truly unfortunate and I'm sure we all cannot wait for a vaccine and go back to our normal lives.

Wishing you the best. [smilie=heart fill with love.gif]

aztecwarrior2881 likes this.
  3. I’m so sorry to hear that, @Sakaki. I’m grateful that you have a roommate and you guys can help each other out, though. That’s a blessing on its own :)

4. Sakaki
    Chat with Me

Sakaki Well-Known Member

Update I'm not going back to work until April 6th but with the uncertainty it could very well be extended due to this virus and however bad it gets. I did get back my state refund and paid off one of my credit cards.

5. Hang in there, dude! :)

6. Sorry that is going on for you!

I heard that there were bad guys were dressing up in Hazmat suits and knocking on doors saying they had to test for the Coronavirus and then ---God knows what? Robbing them, raping them? IDK... I didn't hear the rest of it.......

7. AlexaWu
    Chat with Me

People show their true colors during these times of crisis. Luckily, there are a lot of good people too.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2020
  8. Sakaki
    Chat with Me

Sakaki Well-Known Member

9. raz42071
    Chat with Me

raz42071 Well-Known Member

Hang in there. It's something like this that makes me realize how blessed I really am. I'm in a job that can be done from home so it was an easy transition.

But to see my company in one week increase the amount of work at home jobs by 30 times to ensure everyone can continue to make a living just blows me away. Makes me very proud and just pray more companies will do the same.

Praying for everyone out there. Stay safe!!!

Jessie Summers and ROADRUNNER J like this.
  10. There are! I read about a few people who were giving out PBJ sandwiches to the kids who relied on school lunches :)

AlexaWu likes this.
  11. AlexaWu
    Chat with Me

Yes! Love seeing the bright side of this situation, people are really giving back and opening their hearts. There is always a bright side to a dim situation.

origlegman and TiredFrog like this.
  12. isurfer
    Chat with Me

isurfer Well-Known Member

Built tough likes this.
  13. Sakaki
    Chat with Me

Sakaki Well-Known Member

As far as restrictions all bars are shutdown in my state and food is drive thru only or take out. They maybe do delivery too. I don't think much is open. Besides grocerie stores and other essential businesses the gym chain I've joined is still open so I have been able to workout. But there hasn't been many people there especially the hours I go. I wear gloves and wipe the equipment down. I live in a county that has very little cases it's all i have right now since I can't work .

14. Sakaki
    Chat with Me

Sakaki Well-Known Member

You might could argue that a gym is an essential business since people work on their health there. Idk. They arnt holding any sort of clubs or classes though and have advise staying 6 feet away from other people and wiping equipment down. There are 2 counties in my state that are on lockdown but they have a big population. I live in a rural area which I think has helped result in less cases. Hopefully it doesn't get worse.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2020
  15. TiredFrog
    Chat with Me

TiredFrog Well-Known Member

I so agree Alexa! Its easy to simply pick out the bad things with this event and with life in general and focus on those. I try to be one of the people seeking out, thanking and rewarding those who do good in the world.

AlexaWu and origlegman like this.
  16. Sakaki
    Chat with Me

Sakaki Well-Known Member

This social distancing has to be temporary once this virus is over. The world can't function like this. You have to have interaction in order to run a business or go out and have fun. I know it's necessary right now but it's not something that's sustainable.

AlexaWu likes this.
  17. Broadhildt
    Chat with Me

Broadhildt Well-Known Member

Are you an extrovert, Sakaki? It's probably harder on extroverts than introverts. Being a recluse kinda comes naturally to me, but I understand other people get lonely really easily.

TiredFrog and Sakaki like this.
  18. Sakaki
    Chat with Me

Sakaki Well-Known Member

I'm introvert but not to the extreme measure like this. I like to go to the gym. I do have certain people I like to interact with.

19. Sakaki
    Chat with Me

Sakaki Well-Known Member

This has to end. Many People arnt going to be able to pay all there bills this month.

AlexaWu likes this.
  20. TiredFrog
    Chat with Me

TiredFrog Well-Known Member

I agree BH, I'm an introvert and this really hasn't made much of a difference in my life.

AlexaWu likes this.
  21. Now everyone else has a better understanding :)

AlexaWu and TiredFrog like this.
  22. Sakaki
    Chat with Me

Sakaki Well-Known Member

Is this ever going to end? I hope this ends soon. Hopefully this experience will make people more greatful for the little things and better as people too. You have all these nutjobs with these crackpot conspiracy theories about 5g causing coronavirus and accusing bill gates of being the antichrist. That's ridiculous. You have people who are terrified on one end then you have those that think it isn't real and that the government is hiding something. We should all use caution if we have to leave our house but try to stay calm and positive. Have any of u heard conspiracys? If u watch A lot of YouTube and read comments u know what I'm talking about. Any recent video of bill gates people are tripping out.

23. AlexaWu
    Chat with Me

Same! Forgot how nice it is to just relax and not have the social anxiety buildup before having to socialize in a large group.

TiredFrog likes this.
  24. Sakaki
    Chat with Me

Sakaki Well-Known Member

I may or may not be going back to work next week. Hopefully I won't be called back later. I don't fill safe going back now and I'm making more off unemployment than if I was working 40hrs a week. People who have to work should get extra too. I see this creating a great problem in getting people to come back to work.

25. Sakaki
    Chat with Me

Sakaki Well-Known Member

What really makes me upset are the protesters and people throwing parties. Most of them arnt practicing social distancing. The government is not trying to take our freedoms away. This is a serious highly contagious disease they want to stop spreading. We would have gotten past this by now if everyone listened. America is great but we have so many selfish people that don't care about others. It's no wonder we have the most cases. It's getting to the point where we all might get it. I'm not going anywhere I don't have to for the next few months. It kills young people too it's not just older people.

26. AlexaWu
    Chat with Me

Yes, since it's a virus it will mutate every year. Scientists are working hard to find a vaccine. Hopefully soon!

27. Sakaki
    Chat with Me

Sakaki Well-Known Member

So pretty much at this point they have said fuck it lets open everything up whatever happens will happen. Pretty much now we will just have to wear face masks in public until they have a vaccine.

ImogenSteele likes this.
  28. I know it’s a horrible time, but keep you head up. Wear your mask and wash your hands etc. I always have a bottle of hand sanitizer on myself at the moment as an extra precaution!

AlexaWu likes this.
  29. raz42071
    Chat with Me

raz42071 Well-Known Member

You can't keep people locked in their homes forever. All that does is make everyone broke and just delay when people are going to get it. The best time to let everyone out is now when it's warm and the virus can't survive as long. And if we're around it long enough we will build an immunity toward it. Vaccines can't be made be made in a month or two and can't keep people out of work for 1-2 years while they figure it out. The fix is living a healthy lifestyle so your body can fight it off.

Built tough likes this.
  30. Sakaki
    Chat with Me

Sakaki Well-Known Member

While I'm off I've been using unemployment to pay off my credit card debt. What I hate about this is a lot of people will be worse of financially after they get their job back. I tend to work a lot more overtime so I'll be ok. But I am making a little more right now than I would a 40 HR week. I think instead of focusing on raising wages we should look more at landlords charging outrageous amounts for rent. It's so typical for someone to have to pay 2k a month in Los Angeles. I live in the south where the rent is significantly cheaper. But the jobs pay about the same throughout the whole country. If I lived in la I'd only be able to come to the ranch once a year. Inflation is going up but not people's wages.

31. Sakaki
    Chat with Me

Sakaki Well-Known Member

As of now I'm still unemployed I know people have been called back. They are going to lay off 10 percent of employees. It's a slight possibility I won't have a job to come back to. If that happens I'll have to start looking for another job the beginning of July. Before my extra 600 dollars a week runs out. The regular unemployment won't cut it.

32. I'll tell you what b urns me and I am SO TIRED of being marketed to under the guise

"In these trying times..........

"Now that your personal health is of paramount concern"

"Especially now......

I see right through it.

I don't like being sold something in the name of tragedy....

Built tough and RunningSquirrel like this.