Curious what the weather is like Nov-March

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by XsMPhotoguy17, Sep 25, 2019.

1. XsMPhotoguy17
    Chat with Me

XsMPhotoguy17 Well-Known Member

Is there snow on the ground in early to mid Nov? Or do you have have to wait more towards Jan/Feb? Do you even really get much snow around Carson City? I have a project I want to do . It requires snow at least a few inches. And we don't get snow here. Figured I'd possible look at visiting the ranch (social visit) and getting some work in. Kill two birds with one stone.

AsiaFoxxx likes this.
  2. From what I know about Nevada weather, best chance for snow is winter, but after Christmas, so January-early March would be your best bet! Autumn gets chillier, but generally isn't too bad (this is according to a friend of mine in Elko though, so maybe completely different weather from Carson City)

3. CecilyRose
    Chat with Me

CecilyRose In Relentless Pursuit Of Pleasure

January is a better bet for snow. You’ll have to be here during a storm or just after, usually, to have a few inches on the ground. Plan to come later that way you can also indulge while you’re here.

Jessie Summers likes this.
  4. isurfer
    Chat with Me

isurfer Well-Known Member

That's a good idea to combine a ranch social visit along with some work. You can then visit the 4 Mound House brothels and talk to different ladies, get to meet them and find out what your prices would be for the type of party that you might want. Carson City itself doesn't get much snow that sticks. If you want snow, from Carson Street in south Carson City, head west on Highway 50 and go up the mountain towards Lake Tahoe for a 20 to 40 minute drive. If there is natural snow on the ground you will see it at Spooner Summit, where Highway 28 from North Lake Tahoe runs into Highway 50. There is also Spooner Lake near Spooner Summit, so you might want to check that out or drive on to Lake Tahoe itself. If you want more buildings around you might want to check out Virginia City which is at a higher elevation than Mound House/Carson City. Winter storms have been unpredictable recently but if you only want a few inches I would say by early or mid December you can find enough on the ground for your needs.

5. Apparently, 4-6" snow is predicted for this coming weekend/Monday????

6. XsMPhotoguy17
    Chat with Me

That is what I am hoping to do. Little business, little pleasure. Checking out the reno area and getting a better feel for the ranches and what to expect. Will be a lot easier to plan for future visits.

7. XsMPhotoguy17
    Chat with Me

If I don't make it there by Nov/Dec. I was planning on a Jan or Feb trip. I'll be in Vegas in March after my thing. (could catch a quick flight up north). But it's going to be a miss opportunity by the point. ha never thought I'd be wanting snow.

8. TiredFrog
    Chat with Me

TiredFrog Well-Known Member

9. Vixen
    Chat with Me

Vixen Well-Known Member

Great time fo a ski trip!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Jim DiGriz
    Chat with Me

Jim DiGriz Well-Known Member

Since you're a photographer, you'll also want to consider what you need the snow to be like. That is, heavily packed vs. layers of fluff? Large uniform mass vs. snow dunes? Or maybe for your work any kind of snow is adequate.

I suspect, given how close the lake is, that the snow is heavily packed with a large uniform mass (i.e. no snow dunes). I expect that one of the ladies can give details if you need them.

11. It really depends on how Mother Nature is feeling, last year we got a later snow December, but I hear this year may be as early as late October

XsMPhotoguy17 likes this.
  12. RubyRae
    Chat with Me

RubyRae Well-Known Member

As a long time Nevada resident, I can say that best bet is January through March. However, Nevada is known for wacky weather and we have had snow as early as September/October some years (in the mountains). But usually, Thanksgiving through Christmas is pretty dry in the cities (Reno, Carson, etc.).

13. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

Old Nick Well-Known Member

I’m kicking around returning in March. Here’s hoping I get to make that plan.

14. isurfer
    Chat with Me

isurfer Well-Known Member

It might be a little early to talk about it, but mid-March around St. Patrick's day has always been a fun time to go to the brothels for the past decade for some of us board members where we can get together and see each other in person. A lot of ladies expect to see us too and it's nice to know that we aren't all total strangers just walking in the door, even if it is a first actual brothel visit just being on the message board and online, even on livestream, can make it where a face can be put on the name or handle. From what I remember, there hasn't been a lot of snow falling in Carson City during that time in March so going to the brothels for fun instead would be a good plan.

cappy, Old Nick, ROADRUNNER J and 2 others like this.
  15. KikiLover
    Chat with Me

KikiLover ♛ Middle Eastern Princess ♛

This is such an interesting thread,
    thanks for posting [smilie=heart fill with love.gif]

16. Arthur Dent
    Chat with Me

Arthur Dent Well-Known Member

I guess snow on the roads in mid-November is unlikely, right?

17. Delilah Rae
    Chat with Me

Delilah Rae Where secret desires become realities

from what I've seen over the years that's correct but now that I said that mother nature will prove me wrong.

Arthur Dent likes this.