Thread spamming

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by ShyKyle87, Aug 14, 2016.

1. I might be wrong, but weren't there rules put in place a while back that prohibited people from spamming threads with posts that didn't add anything to the discussion? I've noticed a handful of ladies that are showing up all over the board as the last post on hundreds of threads every day. As much as I don't want to hurt any feelings, its annoying to see so much spamming, and frankly, makes me not want to participate on this board anymore. I'm sure other people have been driven away from this board because of it as well. Is there something that can be done to put an end to the spamming?

2. yeah...I think the one had 200 posts in one day? o_O

3. isurfer
    Chat with Me

isurfer Well-Known Member

If you don't like it, you can always PM the person know that you are being "driven away" from the boards. Have you guys looked at the Alien Cathouse and Love Ranch Vegas forum recently? It is not only posts on existing threads, it is the new threads too.

4. I'M not quite sure what you consider spamming...However the Ladies are encouraged to engage with the members online and think of Hot topics to generate New Friends and playmates...the only way we can do that is to strike up interesting topics or to respond creatively to the other members or Ladies on the message boards....especially if you are New to the Forum like myself....Trust and Believe it is NOT meant to detour you or stop you from wanting to be on the message boards....It is a way for us to see what your likes and dislikes are and to get to know your fun side.....besides How else are the New Faces as well as Your Vets are suppose to get to Know you better and Understand what you enjoy about Us ! We also like hearing from you as well.

P.S. WE LOVE CHATTING WITH YOU LADIES AND GENTLEMEN AND GETTING TO KNOW YOU JUST AS MUCH
    SO KEEP CUMMING UP WITH GREAT TOPICS TO CHAT WITH US ABOUT!!!WE LOVE YA!!!

THE HIGHLY SEDUCTIVE
    ARIELMOON

DesertRose likes this.
  5. I'm not against the ladies interacting with other people on this board. I just find it frustrating when ladies post in every forum on dozens of threads, and none of the posts actually add to the conversation. If all of your posts are saying "go see her," "thanks for sharing," or "I agree" then that's not contributing to a thread; that's just getting your post count up. In addition, if a new topic is posted, there should be more substance to it then just "Come see me, I'm bored." A new topic could include personal interests or ask other board members questions (but the questions should actually get answered, not just "Oh, these are great questions!"). A lot of you ladies are intelligent and well educated, and your threads and posts should demonstrate that. A few well thought out posts can do more for you ladies than 500 posts that are 4 words or less. If anything, hundreds of posts in one day is hurting everyone else that's trying to get noticed.

I'm not trying to be rude by bringing this up. I just remember this board being a lot more enjoyable to be around when the mods were enforcing the "no spam" rules.

LexieJames likes this.

6. I'm in complete agreement. For me, the ladies who do that kind of rapid posting like that, it would turn me off from even thinking about seeing her.

StevenL and Slider like this.
  7. Thank you Shykyle87 i appreciate your input and will take into consideration of your thoughts...Ineeded to hear from the forum and members their concerns especially coming back after 4 years...so it's not my first rodeo It's just been a while1!! Pleasure meeting you and maybe one day we will have a chance encounter!!

8. Thank you dreamscometrue for your input and knowledge on this subject I really needed a clear understanding on what you the forum and the members were feeling!!!

VioletSage likes this.
  9. I will be mindful of that when posting or letting a female that she is a Hot Girl and joining in on group topics and discussions....but also remember the Ladies may join in later because of what time they may come on the floor...each lady as her own schedule so some may not join in on a discussion until later on in the evening....but I will also remember to chime in some interesting facts on all topics if not helpful....Thank you!! I appreciate the feed back!!!!

10. Ariel, thank you for your input as well. I do realize the ladies have different schedules and that they are competing for business, so getting noticed is very important to their success. I just felt that putting more thought into their posts would help them in a positive manner, that seeing their interests and intelligence in posts would create more interest and possibly more business then filling up a couple pages of posts with short answers.

Each lady has their way of doing things, and my intention was never to offend any of them. I was just trying to be helpful, because I want to see each lady be as successful as she can possibly be. I also look forward to more interaction here with you, Ariel, and the other ladies as well.

11. Oh no Shykyle87 Thank you for letting me know your thoughts and your input.......I helps me understand How to entertain and its a great way to let me know you alls likes and dislikes where I'm better prepared to Entertain you as well as the guest that come thru these doors!!! And yes I hope to interact with you more as well and stimulate your mind even more!!!

ShyKyle87 likes this.
  12. Ariel, I'm glad I could help you out in some way, and I hope it greatly benefits you during your time at the ranch. Thank you again for your contributions to this thread.

13. BaronRandoVJ
    Chat with Me

BaronRandoVJ Well-Known Member

The only problem with the current spam rules is that they focus on the quantity not the quality of the words. Sometimes less than 30 characters can speak volumes. Granted character count is objective, and quality monitoring would be more subjective but there are ways to get around the character count without adding to quality. I don't have a solution but somehow focusing on the quality of content, not quantity. As an example, "We the people" is way under the 30 character content, yet speaks volumes!
    Also some of the name games are fun and can reveal something about one's personality. By their very nature, frequently answers are less than 30 characters forcing one to come up with a creative way to get around the limit
    Sorry for the rant, I enjoy this board and do find it a valuable way to connect with the ladies and really does show the breadth of their personalties

torontoral likes this.
  14. Yes. This. Because guess what can fill the character count so it meets the limit? A bunch of annoying emojis that really add nothing to the conversation!

For those of us who take actual time to write thoughtful posts and seek actual engagement and conversation, it can be quite frustrating to see the Alert notification of a response only for it to be a shallow "Great thought thanks for contributing!!!!!" (followed by a dozen emojis). Piss off with that nonsense.

Basically, quit posting like you're trying to meet a quota and make posts that are inviting for other users to talk to you and engage with you. Start threads with topics that invite conversation, not just sell yourself. And when you reply to other people have your reply actually acknowledge the person you're replying to and what they're talking about. That in turn will further fuel the conversation so you can reply more. Imagine that!

One reason I gave up on posting on here is I got tired of the thoughtless spam and BS. All it does is push actual thoughtful and informative threads inviting conversation and engagement away where they can't easily be found, resurrecting threads that are up to a decade old and have no business being replied to, or simply add literally nothing to the conversation and just waste space. It's annoying and a turn off. How do you expect an interested person to talk to you if you give them nothing to talk to you about? If their impression of you based on your posts is that you're shallow and empty? That doesn't invite conversation. I feel sorry fro you gentlemen, I really do.

15. Docrocker
    Chat with Me

Docrocker Well-Known Member

Okay I admit I am the type of guy who can see things from both sides. I've been on the boards since 2012. I have seen spam and have at times spammed, honestly I don't think anyone can say they haven't. That said, what ever happened to "anything goes so long as it is positive" on these boards? Some like games, some don't. Some like brief cute replies, some like to write dissertations. To me it's all good. If you don't like it then don't read it, or you can ignore that poster by clicking that option that Freeky included.

I remember when I joined I read the rules. I love that the boards are a place to NOT be judged and to be only positive or you'll be warned and if repeat offense you get banned. No place else in the world like it. 200 posts is obviously overboard especially if one does that everyday or very often. Limiting number of posts is not a bad idea but I think limiting character number serves no purpose if we can add emojis to get or point posted. It's all good folks so let's have fun.

RunningSquirrel and ROADRUNNER J like this.
  16. There's a difference between quick replies and literally posting nothing. You can contribute to a conversation with a quick reply. But copying and pasting the same message and putting it in dozens of threads over and over again is annoying.

"Anything goes so long as it's positive" is great for a My Little Pony forum. Or a small forum with not a lot of users. This is none of those things. You can still be positive while having an actual conversation. You can make posts describing who you are and what you have to offer without looking like a pop up ad. And you can get noticed without Flooding boards with hundreds of threads that all say the same thing.

It's 2016. How the internet works has changed. How forum discourse is viewed has changed. Social media - Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat,etc are for short and sweet messages and sharing whatever. Now when people take the time to join an actual discussion forum the expectation is they're going to get real conversations and exchange information. That the users handle themselves eloquently.

How would you feel if I just responded with Supernatural GIFs all the time? Whether they made sense in context of the threads or not? That would get pretty annoying after a while, wouldn't it?

[​IMG]

17. StevenL
    Chat with Me

StevenL Well-Known Member

I understand that this is a business and putting yourself "out there" is how you build business for yourself, I really do.

but......

Speaking for myself, if all I see are a constant flow of ads with no substance, odds are you wont interest me enough to want to come see you. Im old. Somewhere along the line, I outgrew the "She pretty, me want put dick in her" line of thought. No offense, but pretty is good, but pretty and intelligent is a win as far as Im concerned. Im not looking for a rocket scientist, but being able to hold a conversation that is not an ad for yourself is not rocket science. When I used to watch the UStreams, I tried interacting with a lady who was in the chat channel from a different ranch. Zero response, all she did was keep running "Come see me" ads. She is amazingly good looking, but if all she is interested in doing is running ads for herself, nope, I am not going to waste my time on her during a visit to the ranch, simple as that.

I hope I am wrong (and I will admit I am a very analytical and slow to trust person), but if all I see from a lady are ads, my thoughts are that the party will be primarily her trying to "up sell" me, so I will avoid partying with her. I feel that if she and I are talking at the bar, it will be one long sales pitch. Frankly, I am not comfortable enough around people I dont know to deal with that very well. The bar scenario happened to me on my last visit with one lady and now I will not interact with her at freaking all on the boards. When I come for my next visit, if she approaches me she better have been practicing her Pashto because I will completely deny the ability to speak English. Seriously, I dont care if she demonstrates how she can suck start a Harley right there in the parlor, I wont have a thing to do with her.

Maybe some of the ladies who have been there a while can take some of the spammers and explain to them the difference between interacting with potential customers and spamming the same potential customers with bullshit. Maybe they will see more customers coming to see them specifically because they interacted with them on a level other than "you come bang me".

As for old threads being brought back from the dead:

WSKdtFQ.png

Just have them drop that on the thread if they think it deserves resurrection.

Steve

RunningSquirrel and thunderstorm like this.
  18. GezabelleSinclaire
    Chat with Me

GezabelleSinclaire The girl you always Fantasized about

It really depends on what you mean by spam... As Ariel has mentioned, We are encouraged to interact as much as possible on the board. Me personally, I do like to post new threads, but I also like to reply to other threads and get some conversation going.

VioletSage likes this.
  19. StevenL
    Chat with Me

StevenL Well-Known Member

The ones who spam aren't you ladies in this thread, Gezabelle. When you reply or start a thread, there is substance to your posts. The ones that get irritating are the ones that put up a dozen posts that are all the same ad and don't have any substance to their post. They don't interact, they just waste space. I swear, some days it's like they are trying to win a prize.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

GezabelleSinclaire and KittiMinx like this.
  20. GezabelleSinclaire
    Chat with Me

GezabelleSinclaire The girl you always Fantasized about

Yes, I do agree with you. If you are going to make new threads, please have done substance to them. And to make sure it is something that has not been covered anywhere else in the forum. There are many Q&A's all over boards!

21. it's happening again o_O:confused:

22. Indeed it is. I did talk to FG about it in private so hopefully it's being handled. But please bring this up and complain.

Also report spam posts. Don't feel guilty about it. Just do it. It actually helps the mods a lot, trust me.

RunningSquirrel likes this.
  23. JadeCapri
    Chat with Me

JadeCapri Genuine•Embracing•Assisting conquer inadequacies

I can see both sides of the coin. As far as ladies goes Ariel and Kitti have great points on the subject.
    I see how it can get frustrating when someone has a short time to read the boards and can't find anything that they like because they have to browse thru posts that are not interesting or long lasting subjects. I feel that way too sometimes. I don't agree with limiting on number of posts as I like to respond each person who post on my threads and that can hurt me and other ladies that are the same way when it comes to respond our threads and post on other members posts. I guess the best way is to click on the person profile and select the ignore button. That will avoid frustration.

dreamscometrue likes this.
  24. But you don't create a hundred threads a day saying come see me, I'm so wet, I need to get laid, I can take this, I can take that. All of your posts have substance and meaning behind it and you don't post willynilly. People can learn a lot from you. You should hold a class on the art of self promotion because you do it so well.

thunderstorm and StevenL like this.
  25. kevinz0071
    Chat with Me

kevinz0071 Well-Known Member

It make it hard for newer ladies to promote themselves when people spam the boards. Page 1 and half of page 2 is one persons responses which bumps the new ladies to page 3-4 or even 5. Idk there are more rules in place now but it still happens. Quite the turn off for me but idk

26. LexieJames
    Chat with Me

LexieJames Anything and everything you desire...

I think you are 100 % right here! I have seen it a lot on some of the house boards. It can be super frustrating to see someone post a ton of threads (like 20 in a row) just to be seen because that pushes more meaningful posts, meant to actually engage members down to lower pages where they may never be seen. All we can do as ladies is comment on good posts, sometimes including our own, to bump them back to the first page. That bumping however gets abused too.. some ladies will bump ALL their posts and those end up back on the first page... if a thread is dying, let it die and post a new conversation that can actually allow the members to get to know you and where you can interact!
    I just have to say I am really glad I am not the only one noticing it. I think it really hinders the experience here on the forums!

VioletSage and dreamscometrue like this.
  27. LexieJames
    Chat with Me

LexieJames Anything and everything you desire...

This is a great tip Jade! Thank you so much for letting us know there is an ignore button! That literally just saved my forum mood!

dreamscometrue likes this.
  28. I'm a bit of a message board wallflower, so my thoughts on the whole "spam" thing might be a little different. I enjoy reading just about everything, looking at lots of pictures (even if a lot of them are the same) and making simple comments here and there if I like something. As far as the "barrage of ads", I can still learn something from verbage or a selfie camera angle that might help me out in my own self promotional journey. I absolutely love the "anything goes as long as it's positive" philosophy. If my options are seeing lots of emojis or someone saying "Roxy smells bad and has hairy legs" I will take option A all day long.

Much love.

RunningSquirrel likes this.
  29. Goes without saying you smell nice and have great legs, Miz Rox :)

30. PhoenixRising
    Chat with Me

PhoenixRising Well-Known Member

thank yoiu so very much Roxy and Isurfer for bring some perspective to this thread[smilie=heart fill with love.gif]

Docrocker likes this.
  31. Docrocker
    Chat with Me

Docrocker Well-Known Member

I am with you 100% Roxy. I like positivity all the way. Even the concept of "Thread spamming" is negative to me...I mean no harm in saying that but this is about as negative as I can handle!

32. ChicagoBob
    Chat with Me

ChicagoBob Well-Known Member

I have noticed (with some bewilderment) that a few ladies will post a topic and then do not interact with the gentleman respondents. Isn't that the very point? Ironically, the new girls seem best at replying. :confused: I'm just sayin'...

33. JadeCapri
    Chat with Me

JadeCapri Genuine•Embracing•Assisting conquer inadequacies

I don't go for quantity. I want people to get to know me versus get turned off by posts that won't survive a day.
    I offer help, sometimes unwanted help, I admit, but there is so much one can do. I hope people that he turned of by some posters still take the time to read posts from others.
    It all comes down also of how you want to be remembered, the lady that created tons of fake users for all kinds of posts in all forums and post nonsense? Or the lady that is genuine that has more than meet the eye to offer?

34. It should be noted that this thread is a beautiful example of what is NOT spam...a thread with thoughtful discourse and interaction amongst courtesans and clients. Nary a single post in this topic that has "me too". Just my $0.02

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

35. kaynine26
    Chat with Me

kaynine26 Well-Known Member

I will admit I've made quite a few posts with little thought put into them (not 200 per day, but a couple here and there) just complimenting a lady for this or that. But at the same time, I can appreciate threads like this one that actually encourage interaction with thoughtful responses. It may just be that some ladies are better than others at creating threads that spark great conversations instead of cut-and-paste 5 word responses that wind up on 100 straight threads. And frankly, its those ladies that create the great conversation threads that would catch my attention first if I was ever to visit. Ladies that only create "ad threads" or start a thread for every random thought that enters their mind won't catch my eye as quickly and I might not be as keen to go see them. And I agree on the emoji thoughts posted earlier here; there isn't much substance to a post made up mostly of emojis, or a cut-and-paste response, for that matter. Hopefully this doesn't come across as too negative, but I just think it would be more beneficial to all the ladies if they put more thought into their posts/threads. You can get potential clients more interested in booking parties with you if they can see that you are more than a pretty face and a great body.

Just a few thoughts.

BunnyRanch likes this.